Deoleo USA Inc. has agreed to pay $7 million to settle a class action lawsuit that contends that certain "Bertolli" brand olive oil products (the "Products") were inappropriately marketed as "Imported from Italy" and/or "Extra Virgin."
If you purchased certain Bertolli brand olive oil between May 23, 2010 and April 16, 2018, you may be entitled to a cash payment from the Bertolli class action settlement.
This case involves three types of Bertolli brand olive oil sold in the United Statesduring specified time periods:
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil: May 23, 2010 and April 16, 2018
- Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil: May 23, 2010 and December 31, 2015
- Bertolli Classico Olive Oil: May 23, 2010 and December 31, 2015
Class Members of the Bertolli olive oil settlement include anyone who purchased in the United States (not for resale).
- Class Members who do not submit proof of purchase may only claim up to five product purchases and will receive a maximum recovery of $25 per household. Household means one or more persons living at the same address.
- There is no limit on the total recovery for items for which
- Class Members submit proof of purchase, such as anitemized retail sales receipt showing, at a minimum, the product name, and the date, place and amount of purchase.and the date, place and amount of purchase.