While Staples has suspended ink recycling at stores, you can still recycle by shipping cartridges/toner to Staples.
Ink recycle by shipping the cartridges to Staples
- Login to your account
- Select Staples Rewards
- Select Recycle Ink & Toner
- Select Recycle Ink & Toner Online tab
- Verify or edit your shipping information
- Request and print labels your FREE UPS Shipping Label
Please allow up to 10 business days for processing recycled cartridges, rewards members can earn $2 for each cartridge you recycle if you have spent at least $30 in ink and toner purchases at Staples within the previous 180 days. Cartridges are either reused as remanufactured cartridges or are broken down and used in the production of other office products.
- Wrap inkjet cartridges in protective material or their original packaging to prevent damage during shipping.
- Fill a sturdy box with ink and toner cartridges. A minimum of 5 cartridges per box.
- Ensure the label is legible.
- Tape the label to your box.
- Tape your box shut. Reinforce the seams on heavy packages.
- Give it to your UPS driver or take it to a UPS drop-off location.