Edited May 21, 2020
at 02:40 AM
Announced on the Ubisoft investor call this morning.
The Discovery Tours were previously available as free DLC to owners of the games, or as standalone experiences for $20 each. The standalone versions are now free to own if you grab them over the next week. You do NOT need to own either of the original games to play the standalone Discovery Tours.
Both of these tours feature the characters and environments from the games they use as a base, but the combat and story campaign has been removed. Instead you are free to roam and interact with NPCs. There are also predefined museum exhibits which detail historical items, people, and culture.
Discovery Tour: Ancient Egypt (Origins)
Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece (Odyssey)
- Discover Egypt's history as the game world evolves into a virtual museum.
- Travel the world of Ancient Egypt to learn more about its history or embark on guided tours curated by historians.
- Explore 75 tours across 5 themes – Egypt, Romans, Pyramids, Daily Life, and Alexandria.
- Choose from 25 playable characters as players free roam throughout Ancient Egypt.
- Experience the world of Classical Greece as a living museum in Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece by Ubisoft.
- DELVE INTO AN IMMENSE WORLD - Travel throughout 29 regions and uncover hundreds of stations with tours on 5 different themes: philosophy, famous cities, daily life, war and myths to learn more about history of Ancient Greece.
- MEET LEGENDARY TOUR GUIDES – Embark on guided tours led by charismatic historical or fictional characters of Ancient Greece, such as Leonidas, Herodotos, and more.
- DISCOVER THE BEAUTY OF ANCIENT GREECE – Highly realized and dynamic cameras display the intrinsic details of this world even further.
- PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE – Discover and test your knowledge to unlock 35 unique avatars and 15 mounts to free-roam the entire map.