Like many fellow Slickdealers, I have been getting in on the Black Friday deal every year from Hulu ($0.99/month two years ago and $1.99/month last year) for the ad supported version. I also got a notification that starting 11/28, the price would go up to $5.99/month plus tax.
Here's where it gets interesting:
1) Log into your Hulu Account
2) Click link for Cancel Subscription (right under where it says Pause Subscription)
3) Ignore the messaging about Pause...click the black Continue to Cancel button in the bottom right corner
4) For Where did we go Wrong - select Too Expensive
5) Now you will get an offer for 1 month free. However, under that, here's what it has for terms and agreements:
Try our ad-supported plan. Only $1.99/month after offer period. FYI, you'll lose access to any free trials immediately. If you are subscribed to the Disney bundle, you'll give up Disney+ and ESPN+.
After your offer period, and at the end of any applicable discounts, you will be charged $1.99/month plus taxes, if any, on a recurring basis. If you cancel during your offer period, you will not be charged. Your subscription will continue until you cancel. To cancel, log into the Hulu website, go to your account page, and follow the instructions. By selecting 'Take Offer,' you agree to this recurring charge.
The above may be a way for some of us to retain the $1.99/month price indefinitely as the terms indicate price stays in place until you cancel
Apologies for the lengthy post and hope it helps some of you!