(need to login to your TracFone reward account)
TracFone sent out an email yesterday saying you can get 10K reward points with any add a line. I haven't tried this for a brand new account, I already have an account and I can see 10K points pending for my new add a lines. I did one BYOP ($29.99 SIM kit from eBay two months ago) and one TracFone phone bundle from QVC.
1) 10K points are added as soon as you activate and add the new line to your TracFone account
2) Points become available for redemption after 60 days of continuous service
3) Max of 4 new lines per account can take advantage of this offer
The easiest way to take advantage of this is if you're already a TracFone customer and activate a new phone/SIM. If you aren't a TracFone customer, the safest way is to activate with a referral from someone already on TracFone (you'll get anywhere from 5-8K reward points) then you have the option to add a second line for 10K points.
1,000 points is worth roughly $10. So 1K points will get you a $10 refill/add-on, 2K will get you a $20 unlimited plan, 10K will get you a $99 annual card etc.
Possible hot deal combinations:
- two phones with 1 year of service each for $100. Throw in up to 20K reward points for both phones and that's four years of service total.
- one Samsung phone with 1 year of service. Throw in up to 10K reward points and that can be two years of service for $60 total, including the phone.
Now is the time to activate if you have a preloaded BYOP kit sitting around. I guess you could also do a $1 SIM kit and a $20 PAYG plan (90 days service) to get 10K points on an existing TracFone account as well, using it as a throw away # for 3 months.
TracFone customer care is horrendous but I have my main service on an eSIM and TracFone as a spare line.. works really well for things like Craigslist. FYI: Verizon plans to acquire TracFone in a multi-billion dollar deal. Should be interesting: https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/1...nes-budget