Edited May 6, 2021
at 12:33 PM
This is the Walabot DIY, not the Plus version.
$21.00, either $5.99 S/H or spend $35 in total for free shipping.
I've held off on trying this with it's mixed reviews, but for $21, I'm in even if it doesn't work amazingly.
Walabot DIY Advanced Wall Scanner & Stud Finder - Connects to Android Phone Only
Android compatible only - not compatible with iPhone and several Android devices. Detects studs (metal & wooden), pipes & wires (PVC & Metal) and movement. Works on drywall & concrete. Sees 4 in / 10 cm deep into your walls. Provides 3 different sensing modes - Panoramic, Images and Expert. Maps large areas, allows snapshots for offline analysis. The Walabot DIY Wall Scanner is a small, handy, user-friendly, and a must-have tool for plumbers, electricians, carpenters, homeowners and anyone who wants to see inside the walls to understand what is hidden behind before drilling, hammering or breaking it. Technology The Walabot Wall Scanner makes the job easier by being able to detect metal studs and pipes, plastic and PVC plumbing pipes, rebar, wood studs, electrical wires, and other cables, and other hidden obstacles that don't usually show up on stud finders. This wall scanner uses radio frequency technology that provides users with a real-time view of items inside walls. It penetrates concrete and drywalls up to four inches and offers a few different modes to enhance the user experience exponentially. Modes This DIY Wall Scanner requires a smartphone that runs on the Android 6.0 (or above) operating system. Once the phone is connected to the device and image mode is set, real-time wall image is provided with the exact location of studs and other items. this device features an expert mode that helps detect movements which are helpful in tracking pests and rodents. The Pan mode provides an overview of the wall, essentially mapping its interior features to give you an overview. The raw mode finds stud edges and allows you to map each stud in perfect detail, making it simple to mark the edges and find the stud's center for precise placement. All the objects are color-coded and labeled for convenience.
- Sees wood & metal studs, PVC & metal pipes, electric cables and wires inside walls
- Uses cutting-edge radar technology to see inside drywall & concrete walls (currently doesn't support lath and plasters walls)
- Scans up to 4 inches (10 centimeters) deep into your walls
- Transforms your smartphone into an advanced wall sensor
- Uses 3 different in-wall sensing modes - Panoramic, Images and Expert for advanced wall detection
- Map large wall areas and save the images for later analysis of what's inside your walls
- Works with Android phones running Android 6.0 and above with USB on-the-go (OTG)
- For more details and online video tutorials visit the manufacturer's website
- Not compatible with iPhone and iPads and tablets