work for you?
Trade-in Apple Phone, Get $200 Off Apple iPhone 13 5G T-Mobile Smartphone
Thanks community member textisaac & cpm50 [Discuss] for sharing this deal
- $200 Bonus Savings Stacks with Base Trade-In Value which varies by Apple Phone you are Trading in.
- Pre-Order releases September 24, 2021
- Click here and select your model of Apple iPhone 13 5G Phone via Drop Down menu on product page
- Click Pre-Order to add to cart
- On Next screen, select whether you want to transfer phone number or receive new one
- Select Yes, I'd Like to Trade-In a phone to Best Buy
- Under Brand, select Apple then select model, capacity, color and carrier of phone then select "Get Value"
- Note, other Brands of Phone do NOT qualify for $100 Trade-In promotion
- Select Apply Value then click Continue
- Enter Zip Code of Billing Address
- Select your T-Mobile Plan that best works for you which will be billed at a later date by T-Mobile
- On Next screen, select Protection Plan, otherwise select Go to Cart
- Proceed to checkout
- During checkout, click "Details" to verify discounted total
- Click Continue to Mobile Setup
- Continue to follow On-Screen Instructions to complete checkout to complete your T-Mobile Account (if new customer)
- Apple iPhone 13 Mini 5G (T-Mobile)
- Apple iPhone 13 5G (T-Mobile)
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro 5G (T-Mobile)
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max 5G (T-Mobile)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- How Trade-In Works:
- Calculate your trade-in phone's value
- Buy your new phone online
- Complete your new phone purchase online and activate your phone on the carrier's network (Best Buy will help with all that.)
- Pick up your new phone in one of our stores
- Bring your trade-in phone with you when you pick up your new one. Best Buy will check to make sure you're trading in the same phone you told them about online and check for any damage that might make your trade-in ineligible for the promotion.
- Best Buy will take your trade-in's value off the cost of your new phone.
- Trade-in value is calculated to represent a working phone that turns on and does not have a cracked or broken screen. Your phone will be evaluated when you trade it in to validate that it meets all requirements.
- Your order must be picked up from a store to complete your trade-in and apply its value to your new phone purchase.
* If you get only "Service access denied." after texting HELP to those short codes contact T-Force on Twitter (@TMobileHelp ) and ask them to enable the short codes, for example:
"Hi! Can you check whether short codes are enabled on my lines? I tried to perform an iPhone upgrade through Best Buy but I don't receive the verification text (probably short codes 332211, 22891, 66803) after entering my number and last digits of my social. Many thanks!"
Possible 5% cashback with US Cash+ Visa credit card. Select electronics category.
Alternative scenario, the math for existing T-Mobile customers, not switching carriers or getting a Max plan:
13 Pro $999
12 Pro trade credit $640
Net w/o tax $359
$200 in credits over 24 months
2. T-Mo Best Buy
13 Pro $899
12 Pro trade credit $800
Net w/o tax $99
For some, paying less now and in total, plus not worrying about the credits, is worth it.
Random T-Mobile numbers are getting this error message after entering phone number and SSN. "We're sorry, there was an issue processing your request. Please try again later." This is also happening on Apple's websites to those same numbers having the issues. T-Mobile is trying to fix the issue, but does not have an ETA.
So did some math and realized it's not really any great deal. (Good deal so far but you find better deals later if you are no in a hurry).
Here is the comparison: Let's say you have 12 Pro Max and wan to go to 13 Pro Max
12 Pro Max Apple trade in $790.
13 Pro Max unlocked: $1099
Net w/o any taxes: $309
2. T-mo Best Buy:
12 Pro Max BB trade in $875.
13 Pro Max unlocked: $1000
Select Monthly Plan (min value) = $65 * 2 = $130 (You need to keep at least for 2 billing cycles to get it unlocked - 40 days as per the terms)
Let's say you pay Mint Mobile or some other prepaid ($20 monthly), you are paying extra to Tmo = 130 - 40 = $90
Net w/o any taxes: $215
Comparing to Apple trade in for an unlocked phone outright, you are saving about $95.
Visible vs. Best Buy/T-Mobile Deals
iPhone 13 Pro 128GB: $989 vs. $899
iPhone 12 Pro Trade In Credit: $(640) [Apple] vs $(800)
Service Cost during Lock Period: $55 for 3 months [incl. $5 first month] vs. $120 for 2 months [Essentials plan]
Other Intangibles: $(299) vs. $0
Total Net: $105 vs. $219
Total Cash Out: $1,044 vs. $379
Trade-in Values at t-mobile, apple.com ....etc.
Below is a list of trade-in values for the iPhone 13 series. The first number is for premium plans, the second number is for non-premium plans:
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Galaxy S20 Ultra/S20 FE
Galaxy Note20 Ultra
Galaxy Z Flip 5G
Galaxy Z Fold2
Motorola moto razr 5G
OnePlus 8 5G/8T+ 5G
Galaxy A71/A71 5G
Galaxy S10/S10+/S10 5G
V60 ThinQ 5G
Pixel 4a/4a 5G
7 Pro 5G
7T/7T Pro 5G McLaren
Asus Rog Phone2
iPhone 6S or older
Starting September 17, 2021, when you purchase a 5G iPhone and select a Magenta MAX or equivalent plan or feature on T-Mobile.com or in any T-Mobile or Apple store or Apple.com, you will be automatically enrolled.
If you purchase a 5G iPhone and select a Magenta MAX or equivalent plan or feature in Best Buy, Costco, or Walmart, you will be required to visit https://promotions.t-mobile.com/, enter promo code APPLEFOREVERUPGRADE2021, and upload your device purchase receipt to enroll in Forever Upgrade.
Who is eligible for the Forever Upgrade?
Forever Upgrade is available to opt into for a limited time for new and existing customers on the following plans: Magenta MAX and Magenta Plus, including Magenta MAX and Magenta Plus First Responder, Unlimited 55+, and Military Magenta MAX plans; Sprint MAX, Sprint Unlimited for All Premium, and Sprint Unlimited for All Plus; small businesses on Business Unlimited Ultimate; TFB Magenta MAX; the Magenta Plus line up of plans; ONE Plan with ONE + for consumer and business; plans with MAXUp; and full priced One Plus and One Plus International add-on features.
NR 2021 Apple Activate P1
New and existing T-Mobile and Sprint customers who get the stunning iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max will lock-in up to $800 of trade-in value for their eligible iPhone with Forever Upgrade from T-Mobile. Each line needs to be on an eligible rate plan including Magenta MAX and Magenta Plus - Including First Responder, Unlimited 55+ and Military Magenta, Sprint MAX, Sprint Unlimited for All Premium and Sprint Unlimited for All Plus, Premium Unlimited plans; and even those with the MAXUp, One Plus and One Plus International add on features. T-Mobile customers can change their rate plan by going to their T-Mobile app or My.TMO or My Sprint/my-sprint.com. Free lines are not eligible.
iPhone 13 comes to T-Mobile with Forever Upgrade.
With T-Mobile's Forever Upgrade, get an iPhone 13 free now and, every two years, save up to $800 on your next iPhone… forever.
Offer redemption steps:
After eligible purchase is complete at Best Buy, go to https://promotions.t-mobile.com/ and enter the phone number used for purchase.
Complete the T-Mobile or Sprint account login and pick or enter the phone number with the eligible device purchase.
Enter promo code APPLEFOREVERUPGRADE2021.
Review the promotion, including a short description and promo disclosures.
Enter requested customer and phone information.
Submit for offer. A thank-you screen with next steps messaging will be displayed.
New and existing T-Mobile customers that get the powerful iPhone 13 series or iPhone 12 series on a Magenta MAX plan can lock in up to $800 in trade-in value every two years with Forever Upgrade from T-Mobile — so you can have a new iPhone forever.
Limited time offer. Trade in current eligible iPhone for a new eligible iPhone every 24+ months. Trade-in value is based on full retail price of trade-in phone up to $800 & applied to retail price of new phone; no cash value. Qualifying credit, phone, & finance agreement on same eligible line required; contact the carrier before cancelling service after upgrade to continue remaining bill credits, or credits stop and balance is due. Trading in before 24 months resets trade-in value and time to redeem. Program may end and is subject to change at any time. Up to $800 via trade-in credit and bill credits; must be active and in good standing on MAX plan to receive credits; allow 2 bill cycles. Max 1/line & 4/account. May not be combinable with some offers or discounts (e.g., other device promotions on same line & service discounts).
When i contacted 611, they said they will send me a promo link to redeem the promo same as BestBuy in 24 hours. I smell bs...
1. typically promotions never exceed the price of the phone (with the exception of the recent Magenta max 500 promo with Apple), so at minimal you'll have to pay taxes
2. Apple, Costco and Tmobile purchases will always tax you on the full amount of the phone which comes out to about 80-100$ (varies based on your state's tax rate)
3. You're not dealing with monthly credits. Not so much that i'm leaving tmobile anytime soon but more so the chances that the promotion does not apply or its drops for one reason or another.
Taxes for the 13PM in my state is just over $90, so having to pay $135 to upgrade (13PM) is tempting. And I do not have to deal with shipping phones to Texas and worrying if Assurant will screw things up. (That can be a 4th reason to go with BB)
AT&T: $700 off w/ upgrade or new line. EIP + $30 activation.
Verizon: Free 12/12pro when you switch, plus trade-in
T-Mobile: Up to $830 off when you switch, & trade-in
Visible: Free Air Pods Pro when you switch
Best Buy: Save up to $900 w/ activation & trade-in.
Target: Save up to $700 w/ activation & trade-in.
Walmart: Save up to $900 w/ activation & trade-in.
Apple Store: $50 Apple gift card with the purchase of SE, 11 or XR.
Honestly, this deal is not bad at all. I wouldn't get your hopes up for Black Friday unless you are a fan of installment plans. With this deal you get the $200 off the phone without the need for an installment plan. Last year's Target $20 GC offer for $100 Apple GC will probably never happen again. It will be $10 GC's from here on out, sadly.
iPhone 13 base model..
**ProRes video recording up to 4K at 30 fps (1080p at 30 fps for 128GB storage)**
($700.00 trade-in allowance + $100.00 trade-in promotion)
Your vote will help the community find the best deals.
textisaac posted this deal
Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.