work for you?
Drop + THX AAA 789 Linear Achromatic Audio Amplifier EXPIRED
Thanks to Community Member dlfdr43 for posting this deal.
- Note: All parameters measured at 0 dB gain, 1 kHz, with balanced inputs and 300-ohm load unless otherwise noted
- Inputs: Stereo XLR-3 gold-plated Neutrik; Stereo RCA gold-plated
- Outputs: 1/4 in (6.35 mm) TRS gold-plated Neutrik; 3.5 mm TRS gold-plated; XLR-4 balanced gold-plated
- Frequency response: + 0.01 dB / - 0.03 dB 20 Hz–20 kHz; + 0.05 dB / - 0.15 dB 10 Hz–50 kHz
- Input impedance: 50 kOhms balanced or unbalanced
- Chassis: High-grade CNC-milled aluminum with bead-blasted finish
- Power supply: 24 VDC inline brick, universal input 100–240 VAC
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 9.1 x 2.2 in (210 x 230 x 57 mm)
- Weight: 3.4 lbs (1,520 g)
I like the 789 for IEMs and full size headphones (not many THX based amplifiers support IEMs like 789) and desktop setup with SU-8s.
The below recommendations from Andy vault.
1 TempoTec Sonata E44
2 Ovidius B1 Apogee Groove
3 Hidizs S9 Pro E1DA 9038SG3
4 Astell & Kern PEE51 Hidizs S9
Chord is great stuff, and is likely not worth replacing, but the THX headphone amps are better.
At the same time, I bet 99.9% of people wouldn't know the difference.
If the source is flawed, this will just make it louder.