work for you?
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC Digital Download) EXPIRED
Thanks to community member LocDenz for sharing this deal.
Instructions (If yo already own Red Dead Online, skip straight to steps 3 through 5 under the 'Next Steps' section):
- First Steps:
- Login or register at EPIC Games Store and opt-in to receive email offers here
- A $10 Off $14.99 or More Holiday Coupon will be added to your account inventory (may take up to 24 hours)
- Buy Red Dead Online for $14.99 - $10 Coupon (automatically applied at checkout) = $4.99
- Note: The $10 coupon is not limited to a single game purchase and can be used in one shot to buy multiple games at once by adding all desired $14.99+ titles to cart, then checking out in a single transaction.
- Next Steps:
- Install and run Red Dead Online using Epic Games launcher (free download).
- The game will open using Rockstar Games Launcher (free download).
- On the in-game title screen, click 'Story' in the top-right corner.
- Click 'Buy Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode' at the bottom on the next screen.
- Purchase Story Mode via the in-game store for $4.80
- You will now own Online Mode through EPIC Games Store (launches using both EPIC Games Launcher and Rockstar Games Launcher) and Story Mode via Rockstar Games Launcher for $9.79 total.
- You will need to keep both versions installed (Online Mode installed/run via EPIC and Story Mode installed/run via Rockstar) if you want to have both modes without experiencing game crashes / errors. Otherwise, you may install/run either mode individually from within their respective launchers.
- Total installation size of both modes combined will require ~240GB of free space (also note if your internet service provider has data caps on usage).
- Completely exit game (if running) and both launchers.
- Go to the game installation folder for Red Dead Redemption 2 from EPIC (default is typically C:\Program Files\Epic Games\, but may vary depending on your personal setup)
- Temporarily move the folder named RedDeadRedemption2 to a different location on your PC or a connected external drive (so you can install the Rockstar Games Launcher portion during the next step).
- Optional: Go to Epic Games Launcher and Uninstall Red Dead Online. This step is just to unregister it from EPIC Launcher (your downloaded files will still be available).
- Open Rockstar Games Launcher and you will now be able to download the Story Mode portion of Red Dead Redemption 2 from within the Rockstar Launcher application.
- If you uninstalled Online Mode from EPIC Games Launcher using the optional section under step 2 above, go back to EPIC Games Launcher and click Install on Red Dead Redemption 2 in your games Library. Let it download for roughly one or so minutes, then pause the download.
- Go back and move the Red Dead Redemption 2 folder you moved earlier back to its original installation location where you moved it from (overwrite if prompted).
- Go back into EPIC Games Launcher and resume the paused download for Red Dead Redemption 2 (it will verify the existing contents only, rather than needing to re-download it all over again).
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- About this deal:
- EPIC Games 0ffer valid through January 6, 2022 at 11:00 AM PST.
- Valid towards any full game on the Epic Games Store with a price of $14.99 and up. Epic Coupons do not work on pre-purchases, add-ons, virtual currency, or in-game purchases.
- This deal is $50.20 off (83.68% savings) the listed retail price of $59.99 and is $10 less than the record lowest sale price we've researched for this title.
- About this product:
- Single Player (Story Mode) / Multiplayer (Online Mode)
- Genre: Open World, Action-Adventure, Role Playing
- Partial Controller Support
- Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, RDR2 is the epic tale of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the infamous Van der Linde gang, on the run across America at the dawn of the modern age. Also includes access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online.
- Ratings & Reviews:
- IGN named Red Dead Redemption II a 'Masterpiece'; giving it a 10 out 10 review score, saying "Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game of rare quality; a meticulously polished open-world ode to the outlaw era."
1. Head to EpicGames Store and purchase the Online version for $14.99, a $10 coupon will automatically apply, total will be $4.99 + tax.
2. Install the game using Epic Games launcher and run it.
3. After the game is running, switch to Story mode and purchase via the in-game store for $4.80 + tax.
4. Exit the game, exit Rockstar launcher.
5a. Move the installed folder from Epic to different location so you can install Rockstar version on next step.
5b. (Optional) Go to Epic launcher and Uninstall RDR2. This step is just unregistered the game with Epic Store, your downloaded files are still available.
6. Open Rockstar launcher and you will be able to download full version of RDR2.
6b. If you uninstall from Epic Store using step 5b, re-install the game, wait for about 1 min for Epic starts to create some content, pause the download, close Epic launcher.
6c. Move back the original installation from step 5a to the location where you have Epic version installation pause in step 6b. Start Epic launcher and Resume download, it will verify the content only, no re-download.
You will download total 240 GB over internet, watch out if your ISP has data cap
To launch Story mode, start the game in Rockstar launcher. To launch Online mode, start the game in Epic Games launcher.
UPDATE: You can actually accomplish full story mode wih only a single download (120GB total), and then move/copy files rather than re-download. The files are shared across ONLINE and story mode, so they simply need to be copied or moved using the instructions below. Credit to IanTH for original idea.
To play story mode only, *move* files from EPIC to ROCKSTAR
To play online and story mode, *copy* files from EPIC to ROCKSTAR
How to install full story mode with only 120GB
1) Use step 1-6 in post #2 to purchase online and story modes
2) Close Epic and Rockstar launchers
3) Copy (or move) the folder "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\RedDeadRedemption2" to "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\RedDeadRedemption2"
4) Rename the folder "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\RedDeadRedemption2" to "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2"
5) Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\RedDeadRedemption2\.egstore
6) Start Rockstar Launcher
7) Select installation location as ""C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games"
8) Game files will be verified in 2-3 min, and game will be read to play
9) Enjoy Story mode, TOTAL SIZE:~120GB