Magazine Subscriptions for $2.00 for 1 year, with auto-renewal
: SynapseConnect, Inc / Magazineoutlet / magcustomerservice.com
Renewal: YES the auto-renewal price is quite expensive
(price varies depending on the title).
Notification of Renewal:
Postcards are mailed about a month prior to auto-renewal
This was posted on here a few years back but the company had not been doing these $2 subscriptions for the past year or so. These links come from filling out the Bizrate surveys that say you'll get $100 in rewards at the end (the 4 magazines are the reward).
A lot of people seemed angry at the company in the previous thread but I personally haven't had any issues – the only time I get charged is when I forget to cancel and then I always get most of it refunded when I do finally cancel.
• You can order more than once, each order is up to 4 magazine titles at $2 each.
• You WILL receive a postcard about a month before your subscription will renew. Use these to cancel online or through their automated system.
• The postcard will have a phone # to call, a subscription #, the name of the magazines and the date by which you must cancel. Website is magcustomerservice.com.
• Cancelling the auto-renewal seems to end that magazine subscription for that time period so personally I always wait until the last week or so before the deadline. It will NOT cancel your subscription entirely if you have more than 1 year on the magazine, just probably the remaining time for that year (maybe not even that, I don't know for sure).
• You do not want to let it actually renew but if you do they WILL refund most of it after you call or use the website to cancel. The amount that doesn't get refunded depends on how long it's been since it renewed.
• For some magazines when you're calling/online to cancel they will give the option to have your original $2 fee waived if you do not cancel. Take this option if it's offered – you can then immediately cancel after that. Now the magazine was completely free (they will credit back to your debit/credit card that you used originally.
• Virtual credit cards will probably not get you out of the charge - I've never tried it but from the last thread that seems to be the case. Just cancel when you receive the postcard, it's really not difficult.
IF YOU WANT TO ORDER MORE THAN ONE YEAR OF A MAGAZINE (a little extra work):
If you want more than 1 year of a magazine place 2 separate orders. When they order the 2nd year for you they will put your last name first, first name last. So on order would be under "John Smith", one under "Smith John". You can wait until you receive the first magazines and then go online to that magazines website to combine the order under the correct name. Or you could wait until the magazine has been charged to your account and check that magazine's online website to see if your subscription info is there (name & address should be enough info to find out). At that point you should be able to combine the two as well and perhaps not have any duplicate issues.
Some titles are not always available, though Time, Entertainment Weekly and Sports Illustrated always have been in my experience.
Current Magazines Offered as of 10/07/11 (Alphabetically):
Car & Driver
Every Day with Rachael Ray
Food & Wine
Kiplinger's Personal Finance
National Geographic Traveler
Parenting Early Years
Road & Track
Taste of Home
Travel + Leisure
Thank-You Value is based on selecting the 4 highest valued complimentary titles. Enjoy the number of issues shown of your magazine selection(s). For select titles, just $2 covers the rate and/or processing as indicated. For individual use only. Not for resale.
Your selections will continue annually. Each year, you'll receive a reminder notice and you authorize your account to be charged the rate on the notice for the next year of issues until you tell us to stop. If a title becomes unavailable, it will be replaced by another with the same renewal features.
Allow 4 to 10 weeks for delivery. U.S. orders only. Not all titles are available for delivery to APO/FPO addresses.
The account information you provide will be used by the vendor to process your selections as described. A valid credit/debit card is required for this offer.
For questions or to cancel, call 1-800-884-3350.
Freebizmag.com and MagazineOutlet are divisions of SynapseConnect, Inc., 225 High Ridge Road, East Building, Stamford, CT 06905, the vendor for this offer. SynapseConnect and its partners reserve the right at any time and without notice to limit, refuse, cancel, modify, restrict or terminate orders. All magazine titles, logos, graphics, text, cover images and marks in this offer are the property of their respective owners "Third Party Marks." Users may not reproduce or use any part of this offer or any Third Party Marks for any purpose without the express written permission of SynapseConnect or appropriate Third Party, as applicable. You may not create hypertext links to or from the site without SynapseConnect, Inc.'s express or written consent and SynapseConnect, Inc. reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. Any dispute arising under this offer will be governed by New York law without reference to conflict of law principles and must be brought in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York. Copyright 2011. SynapseConnect, Inc. All rights reserved.