Deal DetailsLast Edited by widgit August 16, 2012 at 01:35 PM
- Join the Loyalty program of British Midland International. [flybmi.com]
- Use Voucher code 1JA1KD when joining to get 1000 free points.
- Go to your British Airways account and combine the BMI account to your BA account [britishairways.com] to transfer the 1000 points over.
- If you have family, create an account for them with BMI [flybmi.com] and with BA [britishairways.com].
- Then transfer the points from BMI to their BA account using the steps described above.
- Then create a "Household Account" [britishairways.com] and add all the members to your household account. This will add combine everyone's BA points into one account.
The British Airways AVIOS program is distanced based. So for 7000 points you could easily get a one way domestic ticket, with the smallest amount needed being 4500 Avios points [britishairways.com]. (For example - NYC- Boston)
P.S- keeping the points in the British Midland Account won't be of any use because they've been acquired by British Airways.
REMEMBER to use the voucher code1JA1KD when creating your BMI account!!
And if you are going to be creating 6 other accounts, make sure that the HOME address matches. Give some the same last name...
Play it safe and you'll avoid the dreaded "Ex-Gratia".
Ex-Gratia is what appears on your account when BA is auditing your account, when it believes that you got your points through means that they don't approve off.
Like- Buying a roundtrip ticket and not flying the return. Or creating a multi-city itinerary and skipping out on the last leg.
Or selling your points (if they see that you've used your points to buy tickets for others MANY times)
OR creating FAKE accounts to add to your Household account.
Check this out- "Help BA just cancelled all my avios" [flyertalk.com]
Having problems combining miles?
- If you are having trouble Merging your Avios,
- Log in to your BA account.
- From the menu above - select Executive Club then click on Manage Account.
- Then on the page you will see a Combine My Avios Link and that will work for you. (Mamon)
When you created your BA account if you did not fill out the details under Advance Passenger Information it does not have your birthdate. Without that the system thinks you are under 18 and is preventing you from having the option to combine miles.
Update that then from your main page select Manage My Account. once there in the center panel at the bottom you should see "combine my avios".
Just contacted Executive Club - was told that this activity does extend expiration of miles for another 36 months.