Slickdeals is community-supported.  We may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items.
Forum Thread

RETIRED: Target chit chat

877 1,529 September 30, 2010 at 07:16 PM
January 18, 2011, 7:44 pm: System Notice: This thread content has been automatically archived from another thread which reached post limit, and will be preserved for reference and archival purposes. The discussion should continue in the original thread

Welcome to the Target Chat thread. This thread is for everyone, and is for off topic chat. Which more often than not pertains to poop LMAO

Discussions of how to profit from a coupon mistake should not be discussed here. if you wish to discuss the coupon(s) mistake, please use another forum. Slickdeals.net does not condone discussions of how to perform, elude capture or profit from unethical and perhaps illegal activities. Any users caught creating multiple account(s) will be banned immediately, no exceptions! Please do not use code talk to reference unethical use of coupons.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=30201892&postcount=6999

Christmas 2010 Search List
Meeshecat
  • laptops
  • video cameras
Dazzledby5
  • Wii
Dazzledby5 (1, 4, 5, 71/2, 12...so E), rachael_9667 (3 and 8yrs)
  • wii games
bunnies46, calistyle
  • leapfrog tag
    Toy story 3 tag jr reported clearanced 30% off for 27.98 reg 39.99 dpci 204 04 0047 on 10/29
tootsie67
  • playstation 3 console

August 22, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

September 12, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

October 1, 2010, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
Add a Comment Sorry, this thread is closed.
About the OP
*boozing it up shenaniganizer* Joined Sep 2007 Mighty FOO FIGHTER Fan
1,529 Reputation Points
1 Deals Posted
4 Votes Submitted
877 Comments Posted

10,933 Comments

Your comment cannot be blank.

Joined Apr 2008
L5: Journeyman
> bubble2 847 Posts
1,829 Reputation
mamaoftwins2
09-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
09-30-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Quote from mama2cole :
When I weigh in on Sunday and I'm up, remind me that it was because I just ate all the bite sized snickers out of my big bag of Halloween candy.
That's OK, M2C..We went to Al's pizza tonight, going out tomm again for dinner and DH wants to go to CPK on weekend...I don't think I can control myself by just ordering a salad...

I love Twix and Hershey Kisses...yummy
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Mar 2008
L7: Teacher
> bubble2 2,826 Posts
4,714 Reputation
love2beeamom
09-30-2010 at 07:58 PM.
09-30-2010 at 07:58 PM.
okay, okay.. enough chocolate talk.. I was craving some earlier.. chocolate and chipsdrool But. I went to the vending machine here at work and settled for some peanutsCool

Went to target today, saw the big bags of chocolate for the GC.. didn't get any this trip. Why are morning cashiers such crabby people. I knew it would be that way, I just went by before work to check on the freezer clearance.. No further markdowns, but I did finally find that white towel shelf thing for 6.xx.. Cashier said I couldn't use bath furniture coupon.. I argued, and another cashier showed her how to decrease amount to purchase price.. then the darn thing prompter for supervisor authorization.. so, I had to explain the whole scenario again... finally got ,my shelf though!

Haven't been on a real shopping run in almost 2 weeks. I had about 10 old spice BW coupons expire todayRoll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Weather here has been wonderful. Finally feels like fall. we spent 2 days at the park and have a weekend full of outdoor plans.. I may fit a quick target trip in the plansWink

Hope everyone is okay.. Too many posts for me to try to catch up with everyone and everythinghug
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
L3: Novice
> bubble2 249 Posts
231 Reputation
meeshecat
09-30-2010 at 08:24 PM.
09-30-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Quote from mamaoftwins2 :
That's OK, M2C..We went to Al's pizza tonight, going out tomm again for dinner and DH wants to go to CPK on weekend...I don't think I can control myself by just ordering a salad...

I love Twix and Hershey Kisses
YUM!! Now I can tell you.. I love me some salad...don't get stressed about it.. you're tiny..eat and enjoy... with kids you can't enjoy eating much...hugs!!
Quote from tootsie67 :
Snickers does nothing for me so they are safe. Twix, however.....well that's another story. "Hungry like the wolf" comes to mind :
LMFAO I do not like any of the "norm" Target chocolates we get for free thank god... it tastes alittle yuck by now for me...

Quote from mama2cole :
Yeah. I know better than to bring them in here. I gave a bunch away, but damn those little snickers.
Awww no more buying snickers.. you'll do great on your diet mama!!

Quote from myluvjustice :
Omg I'm so freaking overwhelmed, I was told today my position is being changed again

I've only been in this position 2 weeks, and now there changing it again.

I'm pissed because they can't tell me how it will effect me especially my pay. Everyone I asked doesn't know, like seriously WTF!
I think I am replacing my boss, the one who quit monday, but I'm not positive?

I'm totally confused and frustrated. I train for the new position tomorrow!
Awww I am sorry!! I hope it works out for the better for you!!

Quote from tn_native :

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes on the job front. I figured out that since the guy I'm replacing did such a shitty job, how can I not look spectacular Cool to the new customer? In a meeting all morning, informed my present customer and the guys who work for me about the job change. My guys were all Bigeye It isn't my choice to leave them, but I have no choice.

Tired tonight. Tried to use lots of Qs on the last day they were valid. CVS'd for 19 boxes of Tampax Pearl for the nieces, Staples to spend my rewards and recycle 3 more cartridges, Publix for P&G pink pan receipts, and then asked them to call another store for Tide Sport. Other store was out, but asst manager decided he'd take my Qs till noon on Saturday for them Praying they get it in on the truck tonight and the last pan receipt will be done. Also finished up my FLA Toss for Cash purchases with rainchecks.
Holy coupon batman!! You were one busy woman today!! I am sorry about the job change but wish you the best in the position... HUGS!!

Quote from LongTimeLurker7 :
How about a compromise?

I think this Elmo is more fitting:
That Elmos a trip!!

Where's my smiley when I need one!

BTW- Glade Candles can be used 2x in one transaction w/ no prob!

7 Mr. Clean Qs left, so I have managed to use 73 in 10 days No wonder I am so sick of Target (and lugging Mr. Clean around). That is making 2 trips on most days.
Great job!! 73 coupons...craziness!! Sending great shopping vibes to you!!

Quote from dreemedayze :
Bunnies, but I thought we loved elmo and elmo loved us? Now he has to die?

Cathi, nope, my first actual day is sunday. I train from 11 to 3 and then work on my own from 3 to 7:15. Then I work thursday 10-4, and then saturday 5:15 to 10. Big Grin

I am soooooooooooo excited. I found a Kitchen-Aid Pro 450 Stand mixer 50% off @ 124.00. I snatched that baby right up! It's like this but I don't think it's red.
Yay!! you are a red now and still getting good deals YIPPEEEEEEEE!! Hope you will have a great time working there plus getting extras!!

Quote from laina :
So many pages to catch up on as well...
Thrifteh, setsail, bbluesky, skynam, walos..I know I'm missing some.. nice to see your posts..

: to all with sick kiddo's and Ank and your migraine..

Congrats Gator, that is a great accomplishment!!

Pray to all you looking for jobs and Congrats to all those with new jobs and promotions!!

I forget what else I was going to write..
Oh....

Went to 2 Targets
Should have stayed at the hotel
That is all.. Smilie
Sorry about the bad runs... sending you many hugs!!
Quote from megnsamsgrace :
Until two nights ago, I was getting on ANY $ off coupon.... then I went and my $3 glade, $1 pampers and my $8 and $6 movie peelies didnt do it... but tonight, same store, all the stupid toy Qs got that weird message... and I forgot to give me $10 before the $5 ones so my $10 ones autod to the $6.99 toys.. oh well
That is the SUCKS with all the new screens... it makes the cashier think they are doing something wrong Frown

Quote from ank220 :
even though it's getting better?

grrr
Hey.. how are you feeling today? HUGS!!

Quote from mamaoftwins2 :
AAhhh, the memories...

And next week's ad has the Ipad listed
Hmmm any other good highlights in next weeks ad? I need some quality shopping LMAO I remember those times of bringing home LOTS of soy joy vomitvomit gave them all to my parents.. they thought they tasted good whateva...

I just got the letter from GATE, Justice tested 99 and has been excepted into the gate program. I'm so proud she tested off the chart it goes up to 97 which was "well above average"

:
OMG CONGRATS!! Wonderful news!!
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Mar 2009
meanie-in-training
> bubble2 1,016 Posts
2,127 Reputation
thismom4deals
09-30-2010 at 08:29 PM.
09-30-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Quote from mama2cole :
*snip*
When I weigh in on Sunday and I'm up, remind me that it was because I just ate all the bite sized snickers out of my big bag of Halloween candy.
Don't feel bad. I've had lunch with my DH twice this week, and we had Chinese last night. Frown Not a great diet week for me. Oh well, there's always next week.
Quote from mama2cole :
Yeah. I know better than to bring them in here. I gave a bunch away, but damn those little snickers.
Resist the temptation ladies, RESIST!!!

SecretOK I CONFESS A FEW SNICKERS MADE IT INTO MY MOUTH WHEN I WAS MAKING THE CHEESECAKE I JUST COULDN'T HELP IT! Teehee

I did count the ones I ate as points though and added a couple pts. on for all of the taste-testing in the kitchen today Big Grin I had to give dh the rest of the bag of Halloween candy to hide from me.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
> bubble2 249 Posts
231 Reputation
meeshecat
09-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.
09-30-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Quote from thismom4deals :
Resist the temptation ladies, RESIST!!!

SecretOK I CONFESS A FEW SNICKERS MADE IT INTO MY MOUTH WHEN I WAS MAKING THE CHEESECAKE I JUST COULDN'T HELP IT! Teehee

I did count the ones I ate as points though and added a couple pts. on for all of the taste-testing in the kitchen today Big Grin I had to give dh the rest of the bag of Halloween candy to hide from me.
Awww I need the recipe.. sounds delish.. but thankfully I am not going to eat it..whenever I cook I cook for everyone else... for whatever reason... lol
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jun 2008
KROGER TEAM - Atlanta Reg
> bubble2 2,971 Posts
7,163 Reputation
ank220
09-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Wave

Feeling better.

I'm stressed out a bit - too many financial worries. Feels like the bills are piling up! I even owe the library now.

Baby is not sleeping tonight. Frown She will fall asleep in my arms, but not in her swing, seat, or lying down - and if I manage to get her laid down she won't stay down. Not sure why. Frown
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Dec 2009
L9: Master
> bubble2 5,185 Posts
10,541 Reputation
getgreen09
09-30-2010 at 09:09 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:09 PM.
hi all... thanks for hugs...
looks like it is safe to come out for a bit since the evil knife-wielding puppeteer is ZzZZz right now

Its all so damn frustrating. My husband thinks I'm over reacting but I do not like not knowing what's going on.

I guess it could be a good thing, but I am not going to work for less, especially if I'm going to have added work load. I won't stand for more work and equal or less money, no way.

I guess it could be a good thing but right now it doesn't look like it Frown
hug mlj, prayers and good wishes going out to you. you just never know - it may be a blessing in disguise, preparing you for something bigger and better somewhere else down the line. hold the faith!

Quote from tootsie67 :
got my Durex house party kit today. yowzers....I don't think I've ever blushed that much opening a box Roll

any other TCCers get one?!?!
i didn't qualify... EEK! Rofl2

TN... sending prayers and luck to you too for job changes.
LTL... worship for that amazing run.

HDDVDTV... totally understand your hesitation. maybe it's time to try virtualbox? Smilie
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful

Joined Mar 2008
L7: Teacher
> bubble2 2,826 Posts
4,714 Reputation
love2beeamom
09-30-2010 at 09:20 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Quote from ank220 :
Wave

Feeling better.

I'm stressed out a bit - too many financial worries. Feels like the bills are piling up! I even owe the library now.

Baby is not sleeping tonight. Frown She will fall asleep in my arms, but not in her swing, seat, or lying down - and if I manage to get her laid down she won't stay down. Not sure why. Frown
hug sorry about the financial stuff. Try not to worry, I know that is easier said then done.. Prayers for ya!

I can totally relate on the sleeping baby. Both of my girls were like that. I swear I thought I was gonna have to hold her the first year of her life.. But, it was just a stage, and she got through it.. Just remember, she won't be this little for long.. enjoy it while you canWink
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jul 2010
vertically challenged
> bubble2 473 Posts
932 Reputation
cathi4savings
09-30-2010 at 09:23 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Quote from ank220 :
Wave

Feeling better.

Glad to hear your symtoms passed, I'd still have that checked out .

Have you ever heard of a swaddler, ? try wrapping her up in swaddling kind of mummy style fairly tight ,it's supposed to calm them , of course not covering her face .

Hope you get a good nights sleep.ZzZZz
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
L8: Grand Teacher
> bubble2 3,880 Posts
6,437 Reputation
setsail
09-30-2010 at 09:41 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:41 PM.
ank, maybe she senses you are a little stressed and is reacting. hug

I know I'm missing a lot, I'll catch up more tomorrow. I discovered 30 uncut P&G inserts Tuesday night. EEK! and that is in addition to Mr.Clean and OS that I already had in my purse. But I did it. I had dh hit Walmart for the Gain dish soap, 20 in one trip, 30 in another. lol I took care of the rest of the shopping.

Why oh why can't they sell the soy nut Snickers in stores at Halloween?Frown I know it's not the same but give all the peanut/ nut allergy kids a reprieve. I did find several bags of the GC deal candies fell into my cart... can't risk my kids getting into them so I'm donate them or something. The kids get Tootsie Rolls and Hershey kisses. And I'm a little peeved that they don't have the seasonal Dove chocolates out yet. yummy

Only a few more days for the bath coupons. Drats.

DPCI of the red KitchenAid mixer is 072 04 0225 it's a Pro 400 series mixer. I already have a KitchenAid mixer or I would have snagged one of those in a nanosecond.

MLJ, that sucks eggs that they are already changing your job details again. I'm sorry.

getgreen, hope you are feeling better soon!
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by setsail September 30, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Joined Sep 2008
L6: Expert
> bubble2 1,864 Posts
1,782 Reputation
myluvjustice
09-30-2010 at 09:56 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Quote from ank220 :
Wave

Feeling better.

She feels your stress momma that's why. Grouphug

I feel you on the financial woes, all our cc are close to being maxed and probably after dd bday, cause I still don't have any gifts for her.
Then at my job I took a big cut on my hours from working 50 hour weeks to 40 and I was 1099 and they are now changing me to w2 (which is great, they have been promising to do so since february) but all this is affecting my next check. Oh and I forgot they change the pay period a bit so I'm also loosing two days on my check because of it.

Sorry I'm ranting again

TN gotta find your post, I missed your job issues. Sounds like I can relate.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
> bubble2 249 Posts
231 Reputation
meeshecat
09-30-2010 at 09:58 PM.
09-30-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Quote from setsail :

I know I'm missing a lot, I'll catch up more tomorrow. I discovered 30 uncut P&G inserts Tuesday night. EEK! and that is in addition to Mr.Clean and OS that I already had in my purse. But I did it. I had dh hit Walmart for the Gain dish soap, 20 in one trip, 30 in another. lol I took care of the rest of the shopping.

Why oh why can't they sell the soy nut Snickers in stores at Halloween?Frown I know it's not the same but give all the peanut/ nut allergy kids a reprieve. I did find several bags of the GC deal candies fell into my cart... can't risk my kids getting into them so I'm donate them or something. The kids get Tootsie Rolls and Hershey kisses. And I'm a little peeved that they don't have the seasonal Dove chocolates out yet. yummy

DPCI of the red KitchenAid mixer is 072 04 0225 it's a Pro 400 series mixer. I already have a KitchenAid mixer or I would have snagged one of those in a nanosecond.

MLJ, that sucks eggs that they are already changing your job details again. I'm sorry.

OMG You absolutely ROCK!! I cannot get DH to use any coupons..it's the sucks!?! I haven't even used a bath coupon... me thinks I need to print some of those bad boys out LMAO...

Awww.. I am sooooo sorry that your kiddos are allergic to nuts... I have so far lucked out and only found my dd, Kayla to be allergic to Penicillin... other than that nothing so far... HUGS!!
Quote from ank220 :
Wave

Feeling better.

Awww ank... glad you are feeling better!! Try not to get to stressed out.. it will work itself out... sending you many hugs!!

I have lucked out as my kiddos have all pretty much slept through the night since they were all about 2 months.. Do you have a co-sleeper? Maybe she would be nice and relaxed next to you... HUGS!
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jul 2010
vertically challenged
> bubble2 473 Posts
932 Reputation
cathi4savings
09-30-2010 at 10:05 PM.
09-30-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Quote from setsail :

I thought that also about Mavis except that she calms when shes held ,babies are very intuitive.

You knocked out some major shopping Jawdrop,all in one day.woot

I didn't even know they made soy nut snickers, with all the kids with those allergies you'd think they'd sell a ton .

Thanks for the reminder I don't think I'll be handing snickers /w nuts out this halloween .
I tend to forget about it.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
L8: Grand Teacher
> bubble2 3,880 Posts
6,437 Reputation
setsail
09-30-2010 at 10:08 PM.
09-30-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Quote from meeshecat :
OMG You absolutely ROCK!! I cannot get DH to use any coupons..it's the sucks!?! I haven't even used a bath coupon... me thinks I need to print some of those bad boys out LMAO...

Awww.. I am sooooo sorry that your kiddos are allergic to nuts... I have so far lucked out and only found my dd, Kayla to be allergic to Penicillin... other than that nothing so far... HUGS!!
I'm actually the one allergic to nuts. Boooooo because I used to live off peanut butter. One day, had an airborne reaction to it. I will let the kids have things processed in a plant that processes peanuts but Snickers and such... those are a no go. I feel like a freak running around behind them as it is getting them to wash their hands etc. My 8 yr old is AWESOME about that, btw. Probably part of that ritualistic behavior of autism. He often asks before I do if something has a peanut warning, and he is really really good about washing his hands after eating those products.

Monkey toddler is lactose intolerant and allergic to penicillin. Otherwise, the other 3 don't seem to have any noticeable allergies. Thank goodness.

DS and her son (I think) have nut allergies as well. Or is it gator? I can never remember. Embarrassment

Quote :
Awww ank... glad you are feeling better!! Try not to get to stressed out.. it will work itself out... sending you many hugs!!

I have lucked out as my kiddos have all pretty much slept through the night since they were all about 2 months.. Do you have a co-sleeper? Maybe she would be nice and relaxed next to you... HUGS!
We are co-sleepers in general, didn't start out that way with our oldest but that's how it ended up. Monkey toddler still sleeps with us so my answer is usually going to be... let them sleep with you. EmbarrassmentBig Grin They are only little and snuggly for such a short time.

Oh yeah, how I got dh to use coupons. After we had the first yard sale, cleared out much of the stockpile and made $700, he hasn't griped since about what I buy and how many coupons. He stopped at the commissary a few times to get Rolaids with the $4/2 mq (teeny bit of overage but they allow overage! OMG). Tomorrow, he has Schick Intuition mq and orders to get 8 razors. (thanks Hawaiian Dawn for posting that commissary deal over here! Big Grin)

Quote from cathi4savings :
I thought that also about Mavis except that she calms when shes held ,babies are very intuitive.

You knocked out some major shopping Jawdrop,all in one day.woot

I didn't even know they made soy nut snickers, with all the kids with those allergies you'd think they'd sell a ton .

Thanks for the reminder I don't think I'll be handing snickers /w nuts out this halloween .
I tend to forget about it.
Thanks for being so thoughtful Cathi! I will buy plain M&Ms, and even allow my kids to have them (with reminders about washing hands etc) but I ask parents about allergies. I have a separate bowl with Twizzlers and Tootsie Rolls (nut/peanut/gluten free) and Hershey Kisses (peanut/nut free). I think Starburst are also nut-safe but I personally wouldn't eat the ones that are packaged in the large bag with the Snickers.

And my thought about Mavis and the stress is that ime when mommy is stressed, babies instinctively are calmer when near mommy. Part of the fight or flight instinct that we mammals can't get away from.laugh out loud Babies know mommy will protect them from whatever.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by setsail September 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
Page 1 of 729
Sorry, this thread is closed.

Link Copied

The link has been copied to the clipboard.