Fall 2014 American Express Travel Giveaway 11/15/14
To enter and for Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit http://amex.co/NrSMCu.
How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://amex.co/1y2NG04 and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including your name and a valid email address. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
After you register, you will be invited to answer up to ten (10) different multiple choice trivia questions. If you select the correct answer to a trivia question, you automatically will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes, for a maximum of ten (10) additional entries via this method.
Earn Additional Entries by Referring Friends. For each valid referral, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes, for a maximum of four (4) additional entries via this method.
Limit: You may receive up to fifteen (15) entries during the Promotion Period.
Prize: A trip for two (2) to one of the following cities: Scottsdale, AZ; Paris, France; Sydney, Australia; Mexico City, Mexico; or Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo (to be selected by winner). Trip package includes a three (3)-night stay at a hotel determined by Sponsor (one (1) standard room, double occupancy) in the selected city (based on availability and black-out dates) and a $2,500 American Express® Gift Card (terms and conditions apply) that winner may use for airfare and all other costs and expenses related to the trip not included herein as being provided. Winner will be required to designate city and preferred travel dates on the Affidavit/Release. Winner must use the hotel stay between January 5, 2015 through June 30, 2015 or this prize component will be forfeited. Hotel stay will be booked by Sponsor’s agent and dates of hotel stay cannot be changed once booked. Approximate Retail Value will vary based on the city selected as follows: $2,100 includes room tax, resort fee and breakfast daily (Scottsdale), EUD 4,698 (Paris), $1,050 Australian dollars (Sydney), $1,924 including taxes (Mexico City), and $3,200 includes taxes and breakfast for two daily (Costa Rica).
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Administrator will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around November 20, 2014. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email immediately after selection.
Winner’s Name: For the winner’s name, visit http://bit.ly/TXhBu8 through February 28, 2015.
1. A haven for a growing population of adventurous "ecotourists," Costa Rica is home to over three million glorious acres of what?
a: Conservation land
2. Don't forget to pack your game face if you're traveling to Australia. Sporty Aussies name cricket and which other high-energy competitive sport as their national favorites?
c: Australian rules football
3. The chicest way to get around in Paris? Ask a local, and they'll tell you to take a Velib, the name for Paris's collection of tres convenient _________.
c: Self-serve bike rentals
4. See the wilder side of the great down under with a tour of this isolated island located off of South Australia, which has been described as "a zoo without fences."
c. Kangaroo Island
5. Boasting enormous billowing glass sails, the Fondation Louis Vuitton pour la Creation, designed by Frank Gehry and opening in the fall of 2014, will be devoted to what art form?
b. Contemporary art
6. A foodie destination of Australia, Hunter Valley is home to over 150 of these.
7. Looking to take part in a hot new travel trend? Researchers report that 40% of leisure travelers took at least one of these distinct classifications of trips in 2012.
c. Multigenerational family vacations
8. Your best bet for exploring Costa Rica like a local is to consult a local! In Costa Rica, natives refer to themselves using this word.
9. Head to this destination--the endpoint of North America's monarch butterfly migration--to catch a glimpse of nearly 100 million butterflies reveling in the warmth.
a. Michoacan, Mexico
10. Shop for a taste of Paris in a supermarket? Mais, non! Instead, grab a fresh baguette and fancy cheese lunch Seine-side at this well-appointed artisan market in the Latin Quarter:
a. Place Monge