SKILSAW #MakeTheCutSweeps - 1/31/16 (Twitter/FB[?])
Thread DetailsLast Edited by rogunit January 18, 2016 at 07:55 AM
Show us your SKILSAW, old or new, for a chance to win a brand new worm drive saw!
1. Post a pic of your SKILSAW below with hashtag #MakeTheCutSweeps.
2. Be sure to tell us how long you've had it.
3. We'll select a photo at random to win our lightest worm drive saw, the all magnesium SPT77WML-22.
1 winner only, if winner is Canadian outside of Quebec must answer general math question Unknown if there's a limit to the number of entries. Good luck!
OFFICIAL RULES 2015 SKILSAW “#MakeTheCut” General Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility. The 2015 #MakeTheCut General Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (other than the Province of Quebec) who are at least 18 years of age (or the age majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater). Employees of Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, including SKILSAW brand/division (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, distributors and dealers and their immediate families are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the U.S. and Canada, in the Province of Quebec, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period and Entry. The Sweepstakes period will begin on January 4, 2016 and end on January 31, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”), as also specified on the MakeTheCutSweeps Page of our website. Criteria for each Sweepstakes Period will be posted on our #MakeTheCutSweeps page or on our Facebook page. To enter the online Sweepstakes, entrants post a photo that fits the criteria with the hashtag #MakeTheCutSweeps on one of the following sites: MakeTheCut Sweeps page, Facebook®, or Twitter™. If there is a requested task and the task is completed, entrants are eligible to be selected randomly as a winner. Submission must not include any third party logos, insignia, trademarks, signage or slogans (including, but not limited to brand names, product names, logos, media, entertainment properties, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork) without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right EXCEPT for Sponsor trademarks, so as to not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any third party. Entrants certify that if there are other individuals other than themselves shown in the photo, that such people have been informed that the photo and their image have been entered in the sweepstakes, have provided permission to use said image and have no objection to the submission and Sponsor’s display and posting of such photo on its digital channels, including but not limited to, its brand social channels and website, for the purposes of the Sweepstakes. Submission must not contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to be obscene, pornographic, violent, defamatory, libelous, discriminatory, illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable. Submission must not contain any derogatory references to the Sponsor or other sweepstakes entity. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or withdraw any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast or otherwise display or use photo in any way it sees fit without limitation, permission, notification or compensation to Entrants, including but not limited to, the brand’s social channels and brand website. Please note: If entering, entrants must adjust their account settings to allow for receipt of messages from Sponsor. For this purpose, entrants will have to set their account settings to ‘Public,’ and take any further necessary steps to ensure receipt of any communication from Sponsor. It is solely entrant’s obligation to take any steps necessary to adjust their account settings to messages can be sent by Sponsor. An entrant’s non-receipt of a message from Sponsor for any reason, including for failure on behalf of Entrant to adjust account settings, shall be the entrant’s, not Sponsor’s fault, and may disqualify entrant’s submission. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that the Sponsor has the right to contact the entrant by direct message via entrant’s or email accounts if provided. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter. By entering, entrants are providing the information to Sponsor, not to Facebook or Twitter. When a photo is posted, the entrant authorizes Sponsor to use the photo without compensation or consideration of any kind.
3. Winner; Responsibility of Winner Odds of Winning. One (1) winning entry will be drawn at random pursuant to Official Rule (1) above every other month throughout the Sweepstakes Period by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be selected and verified to ensure they have met all guidelines. Potential winners will receive a winner notification by Sponsor via Direct Message and potential winner will be required to be in contact with Sponsor for winner verification after receiving the initial notification within 24 hours or forfeit their prize. Upon verification, each verified winner will receive their prize via mail as set forth below. If any prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable or otherwise unclaimed in a timely manner, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges they are in compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Special Requirements Applicable to Winner Who Is A Canadian Resident (outside of Quebec). As a condition of claiming and receiving the Prize, a winner who is a Canadian resident of any province other than Quebec must correctly answer, within two (2) minutes, without assistance, the following skill testing question: (3×6) + 12/2 – 8 = ____.
4. Prize; Approximate Retail Value of Prize. The winner(s) will receive a prize of Skilsaw tools, Skilsaw gear or other prizes valued between $150 and $300 as deemed by the Sponsor for each individual #MakeTheCut giveaway. The number of winners, the specific prizes to be awarded during the various drawings in the Sweepstakes Period and the values of prizes may vary will typically be stated on the social media page by February 14. The prize is non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash equivalents will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will pay for standard ground shipping to a valid street address within the United States or Canada, by a carrier or delivery service selected by Sponsor. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing and handling.
5. Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions. Winner must provide a valid U.S. or Canadian street address for shipment of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or incomplete or garbled computer transmissions that might limit a Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures undermine or threaten to undermine the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes.
7. Release of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participant releases Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the Sweepstakes (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes, or acceptance or use of any Prize. Participant also agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage to or incurred by a person, including death or property damage due in any manner to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a Prize or participation in the Sweepstakes.
8. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution. The Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law principles. Sponsor and Participant agree to resolve any claim controversy relating to the Sweepstakes through binding arbitration in Chicago, IL, in accordance with the then current Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on any award made by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees. Under no circumstances will a Participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages.
9. Names of Winners. To obtain name(s) of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to SKILSAW #MakeTheCut Sweepstakes, Winner/Rules, 1800 West Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056. All such requests must be received within three months of Sweepstakes completion. Sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, 1800 West Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL, 60056. All rights reserved.