Edited June 17, 2017
at 04:24 PM
Unlocked Galaxy S8+ - $524.99 w/ ANY smartphone trade-in
Unlocked Galaxy S8 - $424.99 w/ ANY smartphone trade-in
Following information should be verified with Samsung rep if you are concerned:
- Limited time offer. Any smartphone running iOS or Android Operating System and worth at least $20 is eligible for Trade-In. (From Samsung website.)
- Discover 10% cashback is NOT
- Trade in must
be factory reset.
- Will work with any phone provider's service. (Example: Verizon/AT&T/Sprint)
- Rep told me my iPhone 4s 16GB is eligible
for this deal.
If your Trade-In Device is not in good condition as described in Section 5 below, then Samsung will value it at twenty five dollars ($25.00) and charge you the Trade-In Value that was applied to the purchase of your new Galaxy S8 or S8+ smartphone minus the twenty-five dollar ($25.00) value ("Device Condition Charge").
Samsung will determine, in its sole judgment, whether your Trade-In Device is in good condition. A Trade-In Device is in "good condition" if it:
· Powers on and holds a charge;
· Has a functioning display;
· Has no breaks or cracks or other visible defects that go beyond normal wear and tear;
· Is not on a black list of any kind; AND
· Has Reactivation Lock, Google FRP, or any other anti-theft protection software disabled.
If device is not in "good condition", Samsung will not send back your phone that you traded in.
Answers Received From Samsung Reps:
, "Just got off the phone with a rep. Basically told me that they won't know the value for sure until it's received by that particular department. If it's valued less than $20, we get get charged the rebate, minus $25. So we get $25 off instead of $200. He hinted though, that as long as it satisfies the other requirements, it should qualify for the $200. I would take that bit with a grain of salt though as he doesn't seem to have any more info than we do at the moment. For what its worth, the rep I spoke with sounded like he was here in the US, as opposed to India. I figure that's good since they'd have the most up-to-date info with regards to this promo.
The number I called was 1-800-SAMSUNG in case anyone else wants to give it a go."
, "I just called the Samsung Phone Promotions number. The guy was familiar with the promotion. He told me it only needs to be a smartphone in 'good condition'. I told him I had a Cricket Samsung J3 (Amp Prime 2016) and he said that was fine. I told him it was still locked to Cricket and he said that was not a problem.He also confirmed that it can take a while before you receive an order confirmation email."
If you don't get your order confirmation, which it seems some people have not, contact Samsung customer support: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/