JULY4STACK10 = Save 10%
Pre-order for shipping on 7/31/20
Everything is Customizable:
1. Select 4500U CPU +$90
Option b. Select 4700U CPU +$227
Option c. Select 4300U CPU (equal to I5-9300H, very fast)
2. Select 1000 nits LCD screen which is 72% NTSC / 99% srgb +$142 (Now $172
Option b: There is no option B. Unfortunately you cannot get this with a possibly cheaper 400 nit/72% NTSC screen as the spec sheet says is available.
3. Select Integrated 720P Webcam
4. Select 4GB RAM. Two slots available and a 16GB RAM pack costs $130, cheaper than the $200 upgrade
Option b: Select 8GB ram (single stick) for $+90. You can add another stick later.
It is very easy to change the RAM/HD. Undo 4 screws and the back cover pops up.
5. Select 500GB harddrive. You can change this to a 2.5" or M2 SSD, 500GB for about $50
6. Select Realtek WiFi
Option b: Select Intel WiFi 6.$9 There have been issues as this is new technology that must be paired with a WiFi 6 router. Personally I don't need it
7. Option to select Fingerprint reader for $12
8. Option to select 65w power supply for $2 extra. I would not select the USB-C adapter because there's an option to buy a HP USB-C display adapter that connects to HDMI.
9. Option to go all the way back up and select FreeDOS to save $141. This is great if you already have Windows on an SSD you're going to be putting into the system, or you could obviously buy Windows for much cheaper elsewhere.
Reason to buy this laptop: This notebook has separate mouse buttons, a Full HD 1000 nit 99% sgrb screen, great thermals, two ram slots (none soldered), a 2.5" HD port (great if you already have a 2.5" SSD to replace it with), and you have 3 weeks to decide if you want to keep it or not. Cancelling requires calling HP but it's very simple.
Total = $720 - 10% JULY4STACK10 coupon = $650 + Tax or $575 without Windows, $495 with the 4300U CPU and without Windows