Sorry, this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future. Add Deal Alert for this Item
Frontpage Deal

REI Co-Op Members: REI Co-op Flash 22 Pack (Various Colors) EXPIRED

$35.90
$59.95
+ Free Shipping
+34 Deal Score
38,509 Views
REI has for REI Co-Op Members: REI Co-op Flash 22 Pack (Various Colors) for $35.89. Shipping is free.

Thanks to Staff Member dealz4realz4realz for finding this deal.

Note, you must be a REI Co-Op Member to purchase deal. You may purchase Lifetime Member for $30. (more info)

Available Colors:
  • Black
  • Rockwall
  • Washed Blue

Editor's Notes & Price Research

Written by
  • About this deal:
    • This price is $24.06 lower (40% savings) than the list price of $59.95.
  • About this product:
  • About this store:
    • Information about REI's returns can be found here
Share
Good deal?
You gave thanks to dealz4realz4realz | Staff for this post.
Thank you!
dealz4realz4realz | Staff posted this deal. Say thanks!

Original Post

Written by
Edited November 30, 2022 at 01:21 PM by
40% Off REI Co-op Flash 22 Pack- $35.89 + Free Store Pickup.

3 colors available: Black, Blue, and Rockwell

*Free shipping on orders $50+

https://www.rei.com/product/20196...sh-22-pack
in Backpacks (2)
If you purchase something through a post on our site, Slickdeals may get a small share of the sale.
Deal
Score
+34
38,509 Views
$35.90
$59.95
About the OP
Send Message
Pro Staff
Joined Jun 2022 Slickdeals Staff L2: Beginner
102 Reputation Points
65 Deals Posted
67 Votes Submitted
76 Comments Posted
Questions & Answers BETA
Ask our community of deal experts a question about this deal, product, or store.

Your comment cannot be blank.

Featured Comments

As tempting as this is .. I swore off REI backpacks. Reason? One year warranty. Mine ripped at the seams after 2+ years of light duty use (design flaw they've since re-vamped). They told me to pack sand. Actually they told me they'd offer 20% off a new one. Compare this to Osprey, whose warranty is anything, anytime, any reason. Make mine an Osprey.
You pay $35 for a comparable Osprey bag?
Well this is comparable to Osprey Daylite which was $37.95 recently and still available https://slickdeals.net/f/16222438-osprey-daylite-pack-rei-grey-charcoal-w-purple-trim-only-37-93?src=rcm_category_h
Joined Oct 2021
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 40 Posts
46 Reputation
Pro
11-30-2022 at 11:11 AM.
#1
As tempting as this is .. I swore off REI backpacks. Reason? One year warranty. Mine ripped at the seams after 2+ years of light duty use (design flaw they've since re-vamped). They told me to pack sand. Actually they told me they'd offer 20% off a new one. Compare this to Osprey, whose warranty is anything, anytime, any reason. Make mine an Osprey.
26
2
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2007
L4: Apprentice
> bubble2 468 Posts
86 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 01:18 PM.
#2
Quote from Kryptonite1 :
As tempting as this is .. I swore off REI backpacks. Reason? One year warranty. Mine ripped at the seams after 2+ years of light duty use (design flaw they've since re-vamped). They told me to pack sand. Actually they told me they'd offer 20% off a new one. Compare this to Osprey, whose warranty is anything, anytime, any reason. Make mine an Osprey.
You pay $35 for a comparable Osprey bag?
23
>
1
5
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined May 2009
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 25 Posts
10 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 01:35 PM.
#3
Received free shipping with just this item in my cart. FYI!
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Nov 2011
L3: Novice
> bubble2 298 Posts
237 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 01:35 PM.
#4
Quote from desiyankee :
You pay $35 for a comparable Osprey bag?
Well this is comparable to Osprey Daylite which was $37.95 recently and still available https://slickdeals.net/f/16222438-osprey-daylite-pack-rei-grey-charcoal-w-purple-trim-only-37-93?src=rcm_category_h
16
4
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by redx4 November 30, 2022 at 01:36 PM.
Joined Oct 2021
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 40 Posts
46 Reputation
Pro
11-30-2022 at 01:39 PM.
#5
Quote from desiyankee :
You pay $35 for a comparable Osprey bag?
$37.93 TBE. Because you asked
https://www.rei.com/product/18638..._b2caf4b39
5
4
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Mar 2019
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 28 Posts
18 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 02:02 PM.
#6
Quote from Kryptonite1 :
As tempting as this is .. I swore off REI backpacks. Reason? One year warranty. Mine ripped at the seams after 2+ years of light duty use (design flaw they've since re-vamped). They told me to pack sand. Actually they told me they'd offer 20% off a new one. Compare this to Osprey, whose warranty is anything, anytime, any reason. Make mine an Osprey.
You're not wrong, but REI did used to have a lifetime no questions asked warranty and people abused it. When you're dealing with the amount of volume and huge catalogue that REI moves, that becomes a huge liability.

They do still have a limited warranty outside of the 1-year that covers defects, which sounds like it should've covered your scenario as you claim it was a design flaw they've since "re-vamped".

Return Policy & Instructions | REI Co-op [rei.com]
You have to expand the "Return Policy Exceptions" section to find a list containing:

"Product defects

If your item has a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, you can return it at any time, regardless of purchase date. For information about the warranties covering products sold by REI and warranty returns, see the REI Terms of Sale (Part Two) [rei.com]."


For anyone considering this deal: it's popular to add an Osprey hydration bladder that has a plate or cut a foam sitpad to use as an internal frame for this backpack to give it some structure.
7
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users

Joined May 2011
Reliable Source
> bubble2 343 Posts
334 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 02:31 PM.
#8
I ran a 22 sized bag gauntlet a couple years back, this actually came out on top because of how light it is, light rain proof, and most important, it has a high water bottle pouch. I had both this and the osprey daylite and that water bottle pocket design is atrocious.

it looks like the price has gone up though I got this for around 16 or $20
1
1
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by SennamonTea November 30, 2022 at 02:36 PM.
Joined Dec 2017
L4: Apprentice
> bubble2 389 Posts
37 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 02:46 PM.
#9
Quote from redx4 :
Well this is comparable to Osprey Daylite which was $37.95 recently and still available https://slickdeals.net/f/16222438-osprey-daylite-pack-rei-grey-charcoal-w-purple-trim-only-37-93?src...
2c, 13L vs. 22L on the REI pack. Pretty big difference and most of the other Osprey bags are like $70+.
6
2
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Oct 2021
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 40 Posts
46 Reputation
Pro
11-30-2022 at 03:14 PM.
#10
Quote from BoxOfCans :
2c, 13L vs. 22L on the REI pack. Pretty big difference and most of the other Osprey bags are like $70+.
Valid point.
1
>
1
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Dec 2013
L2: Beginner
> bubble2 53 Posts
17 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 04:30 PM.
#11
Quote from redx4 :
Well this is comparable to Osprey Daylite which was $37.95 recently and still available https://slickdeals.net/f/16222438-osprey-daylite-pack-rei-grey-charcoal-w-purple-trim-only-37-93?src=rcm_category_h
The shoulder straps on that Osprey bag may not work well for some people. I had a similar sized bag from them with the straps that connect together before where they are attached to the bag and it was terrible. Cut into the back of my neck unless I wore the shoulder straps loose which I don't like and puts the weight in an odd spot for hiking. Used it once and got rid of it.
1
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful

This comment has been rated as unhelpful by Slickdeals users

Joined Jun 2014
L6: Expert
> bubble2 1,920 Posts
137 Reputation
11-30-2022 at 09:04 PM.
#13
Quote from desiyankee :
You pay $35 for a comparable Osprey bag?
Not OP, but having seen many a bag fall apart, I'm determined to spend a bit more and get higher quality and a lifetime warranty. I believe it ends up costing less for me. I'm 13 years into my current Osprey bag. Planning on sending it to them next year to get replaced/repaired for free.
2
Like
>
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Page 1 of 3
Start the ConversationAdd a Comment
 

Trending Stores

Coupons for Popular Stores

More REI Deals

Link Copied to Clipboard

Slickdeals is community-supported. We may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items.