For all the folks who have bought Star Sports India package ($1 on Groupon India / $2 on Star Sports India site) using the following deal and are stuck with issues on slow VPN (ZenMate) (Including Myself):
Assuming you have access to star sports and have purchased the package or plan to purchase.
If you do not have a paid subscription, you can still catch the game if you are OK having approx 10 mins delay from the live-pro stream on starsports [starsports.com] or hotstar [hotstar.com]. Use the process mentioned below.
Following process will hopefully solve the issue of choppy/ Non-HD reception. This works in Firefox and Chrome:
1. Firefox -> Tools -> Add-ons -> search for "X-Forwarded-For Header 188.8.131.52"
2. Select and Install it.
3. Click Preferences (Mac)/Options(Windows) for the Add-on.
4. Enter the country IP Address (from Step 5).
5. Get any IP within range from here Indian IP Addresses [nirsoft.net]
6. Now head to StarSports and Enjoy HD Broadcast of Cricket World Cup 2015.
I have been watching England vs Scotland without any issues in HD.
To verify your IP did update to India from within firefox, open speedtest.net and check where it is trying to ping nearest servers.
PS: I could not find this method on SD, hence thought of posting it.
1. Install ModHeader [google.com]
2. Under Requested Header
Name -> X-Forwarded-For
Value -> IP address from Firefox Method (Step 5) .
3. Enjoy World Cup on Chrome.
for this update
Disable Zenmate or any other VPN client before using above procedures. VPN are overhead and are point of bottleneck for this.
IP Addresses above are Begin and End IP Range (Pick anything in between those range).
For Example: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, etc..