1. CrystalDiskMark to check status of the disk.
2. WD Data LifeGuard to do a full write (erase) to the disk.
3. Windows to do a full format
4. WD Data LifeGuard to do a long self test
5. Re-Verify data in Crystal Disk Info to make sure during all that nothing went bad. Unofficial "shucking" procedure to remove bare WD red 8TB drive from enclosure. I assume no liability
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.