work for you?
Note, valid for qualified customers. Proof of age is required. To receive this offer, new customers can sign up at local T-Mobile store with government-issued ID. Existing customers can sign up by calling 1-866-437-9418 or at a local T-Mobile store.
T-Mobile One Unlimited Plan includes
- Unlimited 4G LTE Smartphone Data
- Unlimited Calling/Texting
- T-Mobile One Benefits
Editor's Notes & Price Research
You may also opt in for one line of T-Mobile One for $50 ($10 for second line down the road). Additional terms apply, refer to the promotional page for complete details and the forum thread for additional details and discussion. -Corwin & Discombobulated
T-Mobile YouTube video explaining - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtAagK
Quote :T-Mobile is launching its newest unlimited plan, which might be its best yet, offering two lines of unlimited data for $60 (including taxes, fees, etc.). There's just one catch: the new T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+ plan is only available for customers aged 55 and up.
In a video explaining the plan, T-Mobile CEO John Legere says the new Unlimited 55+ offering is meant to give seniors a full-fledged cellphone plan for smartphones and modern devices. T-Mobile's latest option takes a jab at competitor AT&T's Senior Nation plan, which costs a similar $29.99 a month per line for customers over 65. But in comparison, AT&T's plan is almost comically outdated, offering just 200 anytime minutes, 500 night and weekend minutes, and unlimited calling to other AT&T customers. These are distinctions for a cellphone plan that I haven't had to consider in over a decade. AT&T's Senior Nation plan is "only eligible for basic phones and not eligible on smartphones or tablets."
T-Mobile's plan — which is frankly a solid deal on its own merits — is a clear update to a market competitors have neglected. The same unlimited calling, texting, data, and perks come standard with T-Mobile, and they're compatible with more than a flip phone from 2003. So if you see grandpa on Facebook more often, now you'll know why.
The new T-Mobile One Unlimited 55+ plan should be available today online or in T-Mobile stores.
- Available Aug 9th
- Both people on account do not need to be 55+ years-old, only the primary account holder must show proof of age
- Postpaid only
- 2 lines maximum
- No Throttling: After 50GB you may get "deprioritized" (temporarily prioritized after other customers & its only noticeable during times of congestion) T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet
- Not eligible for Kickback, Insider Hookup or discounts
- Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps unless you have an HD Day Pass
- Tethering/hotspot at 3G speeds (512 kpbs)
- Not available for hotspots and some other data-first devices.
- New customers (in-store sign-up only)
- Existing customers (in-store and telesales sign-up)
Not in print, but employees are confirming you can add on Plus and Plus Internationa to one line or both. It can be added/removed from month to month.
- Plus ($10 extra per line) will give you 10 GB of 4G LTE tethering/hotspot and full HD video.
- Plus International ($25 extra per line) will give you unlimited 4G LTE tethering/hotspot and full HD video.
To bypass 3G tethering limitations, connect to your VPN first, then turn on hotspot = No Throttling
You can bring your own device as long as it is carrier unlocked or you can purchase one through T-Mobile. For the best experience, your phone should support Bands 2, 4, and 12.
Press release also states this is compatible with Carrier Freedom (http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/swi...n-fee.html).
Who is eligible for T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+?
All existing and new T-Mobile postpaid customers who are 55 years of age or older. Proof of age is required. New customers can sign up at their local T-Mobile store with government-issued ID. Existing customers can sign up by calling 1.800.TMOBILE, or by visiting a local retail store.
How do I take advantage of T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+?
Easy! To be eligible for this pricing, customers must be at least 55 years old. New customers will be asked to show proof of age at time of purchase:
- Existing customers can switch in a T-Mobile store or by calling us at 1-800-TMOBILE. We'll validate based on the date of birth we have on record from when you initially set up your account.
- New customers can go into any T-Mobile store and sign up. Please bring a valid, government-issued proof of age (i.e. driver's license or passport) to prove eligibility.
If I have more than 2 voice lines, can I mix lines with the regular T-Mobile ONE rates?
T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ is designed for accounts with a maximum of 2 voice lines. If you need more than 2 voice lines, T-Mobile ONE will best meet your needs.
Will I be automatically enrolled if I am over 55?
Our Un-carrier promise is that you, and only you, can change what you pay for your plan. Therefore, you must sign up to get 2 lines for $60.
What forms of ID do you accept to prove age? How do you validate age if someone is calling in to CARE?
We accept valid government-issued IDs such as driver's licenses and passports. For existing customers calling in to CARE, we will validate based on the date of birth we have on record from when you initially set up your account.
Do you require BOTH people on the account to be 55+? Do you require an ID check for everyone on the account?
No, we don't. To sign up for 2 for $60, only the primary account holder must provide proof of age. This offer is limited to a maximum of 2 voice lines.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.