work for you?
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Offer valid while promotion last. Get out of your contract with credit up to $500. Promo rates provided via monthly bill credits. $10/mo. router charge and their fees, taxes, equip. charges & terms may apply. Fios available only in selected areas. Great for those looking for a Internet Only plan to stream all available content - Discombobulated
It appears that even the advanced modem is included for no extra charge, YMMV. Others have reported they don't see the free modem.
Screenshot of pricing break-down attached.
Installation fee is also waived.
Note, this is new customers only.
They will not give you this price if you have existing service.
However, you can just cancel your existing service and have the installation done on the same day.
Check if your employer offers a Verizon Fios discount ($10 on bundle, $5 off internet only) at verizon.com/connections
Get a $25/month discount on Verizon using "Easy Stay" discount by following the steps. Easy stay discount no longer working due to SD effect.
1: Call Verizon at 1-877-295-2592 and ask them to cancel your service/disconnect you in 1 week. Give a random date. This way you are making sure they won't disconnect your service immediately and leave you without internet.
2: Wait for an hour or so. You may get an email from Verizon Advertising Branch offering you a $25 off to stay with Verizon. Do not click on the link that they provide in the email. I did that the last time and submitted my order but what it did was took away my existing discounts and added a $25 credit which in turn raised my bill by $10.
3: Instead call 1.866.614.8680 and mention it to the CSR that you cancelled the service but then you got this email from Verizon offering you a $25 credit. Note that the email comes from an Advertising branch of Verizon so the rep would have no way to verify if you really got an email.
4: Now the rep will ask for your account info and apply the $25 credit to your current plan. This creates a new order. You will get an email from Verizon about this new order which will ask you to "Review Order".
5: Enjoy your cheap internet!!!!
I switched from 50/50 to 100/100 today (note my ONT did not need an upgrade and I qualified for self install). Steps:
1. 4/30 called around noon to cancel service. Gave 5/1 for the date, since that was the last day of my billing cycle. My bill was set to go from 39.99 to 54.99 for the 50/50 service as it was my 1 year anniversary. Was told it would be shut off sometime after midnight (early morning 5/1) Mine disconnected around 3:30 am. They offered me $5 off my new rate to stay (no thx). Did not receive any easy stay email or anything like that.
2. Waited 30 mins then went online via TCB and ordered 100/100 for 39.99. Told it "current resident is moving out". I used all the same info as my current account, except at the last step when it asked for a username for My Fios, had to use a new one. I probably could have skipped this step and then tried to get the new service added to my existing acct, but didn't want to risk it. You can use the same email address, just need a different login ID. Mine wouldn't let me use the same username. It told me it was already being used. I didn't care as the username doesn't matter to me.
3. I selected that I have my own router and chose whatever option it gave, quantum gateway or whatever (I do not have theirs, I use an Asus).
4. You must give a debit card or checking account info for auto pay or you will be charged $10 more per month. I'm not sure if you can change this to a CC later, I may try. I heard you CAN'T switch it to credit card or you lose the discount. You can however make an additional payment using a credit card and the credit will stay on your account and be used before debit card auto pay. So all you have to do is pay with your cc the whole year at once, or at least for that month far enough before the auto pay date for the funds to hit and you will be fine.
5. The earliest self-install date was a week away, selected that. Note that if you don't qualify for self install you will want to schedule your disconnect for a week or two out, for the day of or day before your install. YMMV on this, you could end up with no internet for a day or two, not sure how it works when they have to roll a truck. If you have a bpon ONT they will refuse to let you do self install as they want to replace the ONT to gpon for the faster speeds. You MIGHT be able to convince them to turn the service on, even if it will be limited to 75/75, before your install date but YMMV. Another sder reported that the system won't even see the bpon if you sign up for anything faster than 75 so early activation is not possible. The tech swapped my ONT in about an hour and a half.
6. TCB $80 showed pending an hour or so after placing order.
7. When I woke up this morning, internet was down. Tried doing a self activate via my cell phone but would not work, probably need to wait another day for the old service to show disconnected.
8. Called tech support, they put me on hold and had someone manually complete the disconnect and reconnect. Note that if you used the same phone number, you need to tell the automated system "no" that isn't the number you're calling about, then give your order number. When it asks for your account number, say you don't have it. Then ask for tech support and say "activate service" it will xfer you to a rep.
9. Once they say it is done and you need to accept the T&C, before hanging up, launch web browser and go to activate.verizon.com if it doesn't send you there automatically, click to finish setup.
10. About 30 seconds later was online with 110 down and 120 up.
Only disadvantage is I have 1000 reward points in my original acct (just shy of the 1100 needed for a $10 gift card). I may see if they can merge my new service into my old acct, both for simplicity and to save my points.
11/2018: i can't find the gig thread, so i'll post this here;
you can get a year of amazon prime membership for new gig fios subs.
they will send you a code, so you can add a year to your current prime.
in addition to the prime promo, some markets are getting $80-$5 off on gig speed alone.
YRMV: If you inquire about getting fios anything using your real information and email
then do NOT follow thru, you may get an email 2 weeks later with a $5 off code for the
next 2 years on 2/3-play, however it's possible to reduce that down to 100 internet only
and still get the $5 off their base price of $40. the code format is 4 letter plus 8 numbers,
i doubt codes are transferable and they only remain valid for a month.
Your vote will help the community find the best deals.
Ron21 posted this deal
Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.