is currently the Waspcam 9907 (4k/24fps model) for $129 online. I just visited the store near me (Fox River Mall, Appleton, WI) and found around 12 cameras still available for $99.
Amazon is currently selling at 174.45 (139.99 was the lowest price according to camelcamelcamel) so I believe this price is an all-time low.
Basic feature overview of the camera:
- Waterproof without a Case Down to 98 Feet (30 Meters)
- Records HD Video up to 4K/24fps
- Up to 20MP Photo Quality
- 1.5" LCD Screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi connects camera to WASPcam App
- Auto Loop Recording
- Time Lapse
- Anti-Shake Technology
- 12 Megapixel CMOS
- 2 adhesive mounts and two brackets included
- battery life is ~1h07m filming at 1080p/60fps as tested by an amazon reviewer
The biggest complaint from amazon reviews seems to be the difficulty of setup. There are also comments about not-so-great image stabilization, and issues using 64 gb class 10 micro SD cards over 32 gb.
Having just bought and tested the camera, I'll attempt to address these main issues concisely.
- I didn't find setup particularly difficult, but the instructions provided are definitely lacking. Remove the orange piece from the mount and pinch the sides of the mount to remove the camera from packaging. Slide the little switch on top of the camera and pull up to release the clamp holding the rear face of the camera. Pull open the rear face to expose sd card and battery slot. Installing the micro SD card is a little tricky, but using a small flathead screwdriver made it easy. use your finger or screwdriver to slide the metal bracket towards the center of the camera, and lift it up, plop in the micro SD card, close the bracket, and slide it in the opposite direction.
- Regarding image stabilization, I agree with reviewers, it's not great, but beats other cameras I've seen for this price.
- The camera claims to support up to Class 10, 64 gb microSD. Despite reviewers claiming that only 32 gb cards have worked, this is in fact true. If you want to use a 64 gb card, it cannot be formatted using extFAT, you have to format using FAT32 for the camera to recognize the card (you can use a variety of free 3rd party software to do this).
- Lastly, some people have had issues staying connected to the camera when using wifi mode and the app. I have not personally had any disconnect issues so far (using huawei honor 8). The audio on video playback can come out a little funky when watching on the phone, but when viewing the file on my pc, the audio was fine.
All in all, I'm super happy with it so far at this price. Wanted a camera I could take snowboarding for a while, and I'm looking forward to testing it out. Also makes for a pretty good webcam.