work for you?
T-Mobile Connect Prepaid Service: Unlimited Talk/Text + 2GB Data/Monthly
Note, all customers are eligible to get T-Mobile Connect. Monthly data plans will increased by an additional 500MB annually on the anniversary of the launch of the plans (total of 5 years)
- T-Mobile Connect Prepaid Service Plan(s)
- Unlimited Talk & Text + 2GB Smartphone Data Monthly $15
- Unlimited Talk & Text + 5GB Smartphone Data Monthly $25
Editor's Notes & Price Research
T-Mobile Connect is a prepaid plan designed specifically for consumers with lower data consumption needs and comes with a fixed amount of data each billing cycle. Please note, if you switch to T-Mobile Connect, you may lose any discounts or special offers you have on your current account. Prepaid plan may be canceled at anytime. Please refer to the forum thread for FAQs for more details - Discombobulated
Link to service: www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/sign-up-for-t-mobile-connect-prepaid-service
What's T-Mobile Connect?
$15 a month for Unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB of Data. Every yearly anniversary of your plan, 500MB of data is added to your monthly data allotment (2.5GB after first year, 3GB after the second year, etc) for up to 5 years total (after 5 years 4.5GB of data per month).
$25 a month for for Unlimited Talk, Text, and 5GB of Data. Every yearly anniversary of your plan, 500MB of data is added to your monthly data allotment (5.5GB after first year, 6GB after the second year, etc) for up to 5 years total (after 5 years 7.5GB of data per month).
If you reach your data limit within any month, your data will stop working. Since this is pre-paid, you can simply buy a "data pass" to add extra data if this occurs to instantly get your data working again. Here's a link to information on data passes: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/...ata-passes
I've summarized most of the T-mobile FAQ page below. Here's a link to it: https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/plan...onnect-faq
- You need to pay $10 for a new sim card (you can keep your existing mobile number).
- Monthly plan rates are locked and will not change ($15 or $25 a month)
- This is a prepaid plan. Cancel any time without penalty
- It gives access to T-mobile's 5G network
- no T-Mobile Tuesday
- no international roaming/calling/text – aka no service outside of the United States
- Features often seen in post paid accounts like "Music Freedom" or "Netflix on us" is not available ($30 grandfathered plans didn't have access to this)
- hotspot tethering included
- wifi calling and visual voicemail available
- include 100MB domestic roaming
- Bring your own device, no device purchase required
- Up to 5 lines can be added to T-mobile connect
- No credit check required, this is prepaid
This plan is great for people who don't use a ton of data. I've been on T-mobile's $30 unlimited text/ 5GB 4G (unlimited data is throttled after 5GB) plan (with 100 minutes of talk a month) and I've learned that I don't go over 5GB very often. Wifi is everywhere. I force all of my apps to only update over wifi. I rarely ever use over 5GB a month in data. But what nags me is the 100 minutes of talk! It's very constraining. Losing out on T-mobile Tuesday is a bummer (although it has been quite pathetic the past few months) but if you go with the $15 a month plan that would save people on the previous $30 plan, $180 a year. Not bad! T-mobile is merging with Sprint so the network is getting larger and they are pioneering 5G.
Your vote will help the community find the best deals.
PocketsThick posted this deal
Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.