work for you?
Penn Plax Cascade 1000 17" Canister Aquarium Filter (Up to 100 Gallon Tanks) EXPIRED
Thanks to community member Davidhh for finding this deal.
- Click here
- Clip the $15.59 coupon listed on the product page
- Add item to cart and proceed to checkout
- Price on the final checkout page will be $49.35 ----> Now $49.04
- Large capacity stackable media trays allow for multi-stage filtration
- Quick & easy push-button primer and two independent 360 degree rotating taps
- Flow rate control shut-off valves adjust water flow and provide for easy maintenance.
- For Aquariums up to 100 Gallon
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- About this deal:
- Our research indicates that this offer is $15.59 lower (24% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $64.94.
- About this store:
This is quite a good price for a decent canister filter and would be a great upgrade for anyone with a hang-on-back filter.
Some canister filter tips from the experts:
- For additional filtration power, fill the media baskets with good biological media like biomax, bio rings or sponges. (or for a cheap DIY alternative, try those cheap nylon pot scrubbers you can find at the dollar stores!) Activated carbon is an alternative for chemical filtration, though some hobbyists debate it's efficacy. Save money by buying it loose and bagging it yourself.
- Also, add a prefilter sponge for extra filtration and to keep small debris out of your filter, allowing you to clean the media inside less often. It also can keep smaller fish, shrimp and babies from being sucked in to the filter!
- You might want to put some floss or a pad on the sides of the baskets, since some water can make its way around the baskets and avoid being filtered. Floss will block that easy flow and add filtration.
- ignore the manufacturer's advice to change your sponge pads often. They only say that to keep making money off of you, and you're just throwing away all that beneficial bacteria you built up! If you clean the sponges in tap water, they should last for years, if not decades. You'll probably want to clean and change the floss pads though.
- Also, NEVER clean your media in tap water, because the chlorine and chloramine in tap water will kill the beneficial bacteria that does most of the filtration. Rinse the media with tank water.
- Always take filter manufacturers' aquarium size recommendations with a grain of salt. Those numbers are based on absolutely idea conditions which won't exist in your tank. Always get a filter for a bigger tank than you have. There's no such thing as too much filtration in an aquarium.
- Google "pimp my filter" or search on YouTube for good ideas.
CASCADE CANISTER FILTER FOR FRESHWATER OR MARINE ENVIRONMENTS: the Cascade 1000 (CCF3UL) has 3 media baskets, works at 265 GPH, and is recommended for Aquariums up to 100 gallons. It measures 11.5 x 17 x 10 inches.
STATE OF THE ART FEATURES OF THE CASCADE 1000: ♦ flow valves that rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuvering in even the tightest aquarium cabinets ♦ large capacity media baskets allow aquarists to customize to their media needs ♦ push button primer allows for a quick and easy prime of the filter ♦ includes a spray bar, tubing, directional spout for customization, and filter medium.
USE ANY COMBINATION OF MEDIA: floss pad for removing particulate matter and a course sponge that provides abundant surface for promoting bacterial growth (to remove ammonia and nitrites) included free with purchase
SEE BELOW FOR DIAGRAM, THE CASCADE 1000 INCLUDES: ♦ Flow rate control cut-off valves ♦ two independent directional 360 degree rotating valve taps ♦ swimming pool – style hose clamps ♦ quick, easy, push button self-primer ♦ extra-large capacity stackable filter medium containers with lift-up handles ♦ floss pad and coarse sponge included, free with each canister filter ♦ easy lift alignment clamps that release vacuum suction ♦ sturdy tip-proof base
FILTER MEDIA OPTIONS BY CASCADE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, SOLD SEPARATELY: see below for details, sold separately is media such as: bio-floss, bio-sponge, bio-rings, filt-a-pack pro-z, and filt-a-pack pro-carb-z.