work for you?
ASUS ROG Strix G15 Gaming Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX, 512GB PCIe SSD, RX 6800M GPU
Thanks to community member Stevenxx for finding this deal
Note, free ship to store may vary depending on location (usually ready within ~8 business days)
- AMD Ryzen R9-5900HX Processor (5000 Series)
- 15.6" 1920x1080 FHD sRGB 300Hz 3ms Display
- 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 16GB DDR4 Memory
- AMD Radeon RX 6800M GPU
- RGB Light Bar/Backlit Keyboard
- WiFi 6 (802.11 ax) w/ Bluetooth
- 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery
- Windows 10 OS
- USB 3.2 Type C
- DisplayPort 1.4
- Includes a 1-year manufacturer's warranty w/ purchase (parts + labor)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- Despite being at MSRP price, this is a popular offer among our SD community
- This laptop features the latest AMD Ryzen 9 CPU w/ 8-cores/16 threads to handle demanding work w/ the powerful RX 6800M GPU and 512GB PCIe for major gaming applications, servers, backups and more
- This laptop also weighs 5.29 lbs. w/ a 1" thin light design
- You'll receive 15 days to return or exchange this item if you're unhappy w/ the purchase
- Offer valid while promotion/supplies last
- As noted by OP, this laptop is often on par w/ RTX 3080 gaming laptops
- Please refer to the forum thread for additional details - Discombobulated
AMD Smart Access Memory. AMD Smart Shift.
300hz Freesync Premium display
Liquid metal, vapor chamber cooling, 280W PSU, 150W GPU.
Dual NVME slots, Upgradable RAM.
This laptop is on par with RTX 3080 laptop.
Also I would expect 6700xt level of mining capability.
My first post. Godspeed guys. Thanks!
Also, lot of people are saying RX 6800M beats RTX 3070 in all titles which is entirely wrong. Any titles which supports Raytracing and DLSS, nVidia card always win and I think when you are buying such a powerful Laptop, you want all the eye candy settings to be turned on
There basically are two issues: The hdmi port wires to iGPU, so there is a performance penalty about 10-15% like those without mux switch drive internal panel.
The second issue is it's HDMI 2.0 so no support for 4k@120hz 4:4:4.
So the best choice might be use Type-C adapter to convert HDMI 2.0 then output to TV, this bypass the need of mux switch, but still, only output 4k@60 4:4:4 or 4k@120 4:2:0.
Either way, it's not optimal. (bad performance + bad quality vs bad quality)
Your vote will help the community find the best deals.
Stevenxx posted this deal
Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.