work for you?
Drop + Sennheiser PC38X Gaming Headset
Thanks to community member Spiffywerks for finding this deal.
- Note: Must login to your Drop.com account in order to add to your cart.
- 2 removable cables (PC and console)
- 2 pairs of earpads (mesh knit and velour)
- Drawstring travel pouch
- Headphone Specs
- Form factor: Over ear
- Transducer principle: Dynamic, open
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 30000Hz
- Impedance: 28 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 109 dB
- 2.5 m PC cable, 2 x 3.5 mm splitTRS connector
- 1.5 m console cable, 1 x 3.5 mm TRRS connector
- Weight: 8.9 oz (253 g)
- Weight (with cable): 10.2 oz (290.5 g)
- Microphone Specs
- Microphone frequency response: 50–16,000 Hz
- Pick-up pattern: Noise-cancelling
- Sensitivity: -38 dBV/PA
- Microphone technology: Electret condenser
- Microphone pickup pattern: Bi-directional
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- About this deal:
- This price is $30 lower (17% savings) than the list price of $169
- About this product:
- Rating of 4.5 stars from over 140 Amazon customer reviews.
- 2-Year manufacturer's warranty
- About this store:
- Details of Drop's return policy here.
DROP + SENNHEISER PC38X GAMING HEADSET $139 - $30 off.
New users can get an additional $10.00 off by signing up for emails on the front page: https://drop.com/
If you don't know Drop.com, they used to be known as Massdrop.com. They have been around a long time. Reputable company. Used to focus on organizing group buys to direct ship products to you from vendors at wholesale prices. Now they just get decent prices all around.
If you're familiar with the Sennheiser GSP 500, GSP 600 or Game One headsets, this is better version of them all.
I've had Game Ones for years and bought the PC38x for $170 last year. Even though it's cheaper now, I don't regret the purchase. Sound reproduction is better than my older Game Ones. These are really great open air headphones, mic is very good too. My personal favorite thing about the mic is the manual shut off by swinging the mic arm upwards.
Here's some reviews:
2 removable cables (PC and console)
2 pairs of earpads (mesh knit and velour)
Drawstring travel pouch
2-year manufacturer's warranty
Form factor: Over ear
Transducer principle: Dynamic, open
Frequency response: 10Hz - 30000Hz
Impedance: 28 Ω
Sound pressure level: 109 dB
2.5 m PC cable, 2 x 3.5 mm splitTRS connector
1.5 m console cable, 1 x 3.5 mm TRRS connector
Weight: 8.9 oz (253 g)
Weight (with cable): 10.2 oz (290.5 g)
Microphone frequency response: 50–16,000 Hz
Pick-up pattern: Noise-cancelling
Sensitivity: -38 dBV/PA
Microphone technology: Electret condenser
Microphone pickup pattern: Bi-directional
However, one of the biggest differences is the purpose. This is a gaming headset and includes a really high quality microphone with Sennheiser quality speakers and build.
Gaming headsets are usually factory biased to enhance gaming experience and of course has a microphone. (though this Sennheiser seems to have flatter frequency response than others)
Good or professional music headset tends to be a monitor with flat frequency response (which is not easy to make) to have closest reproduction of the sound and users listen it as original sound or use equalizer to tune to their like.
Of course, some people like basshead prefer factory biased headset already tuned to their like (then they shouldn't pay extra for a monitor headset)
My preference is to use a monitor headset with microphone and use equalizer to have a separate profile to tune for gaming experience
Your vote will help the community find the best deals.
Spiffywerks posted this deal
Giving Reputation Points is a great way to show your appreciation for their work.