This is my first topic posted in the Hot Deals section. This is not really a super amazing deal or anything like that, but, as you know, when you're looking to save some money, anything can help.
I am moving my belongings from Phoenix, Arizona to Denver, Colorado and I was wanting to rent a truck from a renting service to move all of my belongings from the storage unit in a single trip. The price of gas continues to grow and I was dreading the prices that I would have to pay for both the truck and the gas, but I was surprised to find out that it really wasn't that bad.
I received a U-Haul 16" Moving Truck for $150.00 with roughly 1,000 miles discounted from $188.00 with about 850 miles. My total discount was 30% off the normal price.
is one of the most well-known truck rental agencies. They are located nationwide and they would be the simplest for a move, but their prices and their mileage are far from being the best, so a friend recommended me Budget Truck Rental [budgettruck.com]
with better prices, mileage, and hefty deposits and fees for anyone under the age of 24; additionally, Budget Truck Rental offers a 10% discount on its regular fee [budgettruck.com]
for one-way movers! In addition, there is a 15% discount and 20% discount from my movers' packet that stacks with the 10% discount!
I wanted to stick with U-Haul to avoid the deposits and fees from Budget Truck Rental, so I called them up and price matched the Budget Truck Rental estimate: the 10% off, the 20% off, the price, and the mileage — everything went through perfectly. U-Haul does not have any heavy fees or deposits for drivers, so, like I said, this is an ideal move to make if you're trying to watch your cost or already had a deal with U-Haul.
To summarize, please refer to the following model:
- Are you moving? Go to U-Haul [uhaul.com] and Budget Truck Rental [budgettruck.com] and enter your information for your one-way move.
- At U-Haul, proceed through your reservation as normal. Review the reservation information: price, mileage, and any applicable fees. If you think that you may want to go with U-Haul over Budget Truck Rental, supply your payment information as requested. You will not be charged until the day of pick-up.
- At Budget Truck Rental, apply the 10% discount [budgettruck.com] and proceed through your reservation as normal. You should try to include the 15% off discount or 20% off discount, too. Review the reservation information: price, mileage, and any applicable fees. If you think that you may want to go with Budget Truck Rental over U-Haul, follow the instructions as requested. You will not be charged until the day of pick-up.
- Print out your estimates for reference.
- Compare and contrast each of the providers and pay closer attention to the one that you want to select. If you choose Budget Rental Truck, you're done! If you want to go with U-Haul, call them up, give them your reference number, and ask for a price match with Budget Truck Rental.
- U-Haul will match the price of Budget Truck Rental: discount, price, and mileage included.
I realize that this is not a big secret or anything like that, but I searched over the forums and found very little for Slick Dealers that might be moving, so I thought that I would post this little guide. I hope that it helps someone!
These are the coupon codes for Budget Truck Rental
. Please use these for your move or use them to price match against their competitors
Coupon Code MVG12
for 15% off Fri - Sat pick-ups
Coupon Code MVG13
for 20% off Sun - Thu pick-ups