Slickdeals is community-supported.  We may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items.
Forum Thread

Thrifteh's Shenanigizers Chat

5,232 9,419 October 10, 2008 at 08:21 AM in Chat
Whatever you'd like to chat about!

Asshats need not apply Roll
Add a Comment Sorry, this thread is closed.

Your comment cannot be blank.

Joined May 2008
L3: Novice
> bubble2 222 Posts
468 Reputation
meema853
11-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.
11-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Quote from Jen2882 :
The blame still falls upon the corporation, not the couponer, as Corporate has stated the stores will honor the promotion. Kmart corporate has told SEVERAL people to bring in the ad to ANY store and they will honor it. And I would say the people frustrated with the actions of participating stores, outweighs the non-participating store people.

I work for a major corporation, and this is not a way to run their business. We get daily memo's entailing promotions that are good for CA theatres, NY theatres, etc....and we are in St. Louis. This is not a valid excuse.

Please don't take this personally, as I am not directing it towards you, but at kmart and their inability to run a business.
nod nod nod
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Mar 2007
serving up a tall glass..
> bubble2 4,047 Posts
3,480 Reputation
.teri.
11-22-2008 at 01:36 PM.
11-22-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Quote from SirSavesALot :
Sales would drop, but I bet profits would increase
I disagree. KMart is barely hanging on. Their prices are over inflated. A bottle of shampoo at Walmart or Target selling for 5.00 is almost 8 at KM. Their stores are filthy and most people opt to shop WM or Target. If not for coupons, I would just drive right past.

Also, I don't think couponers are hurting their profit any more than those that go buy mismarked merchandise. For instance, earlier this summer the craftsman tools that were ringing up csp. People were getting 100.00 tool sets for 10.00 or less, and not because they were clearancing them out....because of error. The sets were never entered into K's system. But I never heard anyone complaining about hurting their profits by buying them. Heck, people even went to Sears to try to price match them. Just because some don't use coupons, doesn't make them saints.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Feb 2006
L8: Grand Teacher
> bubble2 3,199 Posts
883 Reputation
.Ally.
11-22-2008 at 07:40 PM.
11-22-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Someone is farkING UP my Kmart - cashier read every coupon thoroughly and said they had a meeting after someone took a 550 dollar order down to pennies with "coupons for the wrong products".
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Apr 2008
Taking it all in...
> bubble2 1,285 Posts
3,527 Reputation
bblueskye
11-22-2008 at 08:30 PM.
11-22-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Quote from HoratioHoney :
*snip*
I wish I could run Kmart for just 3 months. They wouldn't even have to pay me. Just to make it a better store for us all to shop in would be enough.
I wish you could come run the K near me - I have no idea how they stay in business Dontknow
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Mar 2007
serving up a tall glass..
> bubble2 4,047 Posts
3,480 Reputation
.teri.
11-22-2008 at 09:17 PM.
11-22-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Quote from .Ally. :
Someone is farkING UP my Kmart - cashier read every coupon thoroughly and said they had a meeting after someone took a 550 dollar order down to pennies with "coupons for the wrong products".
I was in there today, and the cashier was looking at the exp dates real close. she was examining all the q's. I don't like your K Nono
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Dec 2006
Coupon Happy shopper!
> bubble2 2,831 Posts
2,605 Reputation
~ Shoppingfan ~
11-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.
11-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.
I hope I am in the right thread (KM Chit Chat) but I have several of the KM beauty books if anyone is interested in a trade.

Let me know.
Thanks Wave
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jul 2008
L6: Expert
> bubble2 1,333 Posts
3,026 Reputation
4BusyBees
12-02-2008 at 09:54 AM.
12-02-2008 at 09:54 AM.
I know this is off topic....but I want to share it.

*Warning* Graphic*

I got a message from someone that my siggy was tacky. (I don't care) I really hope it saves someone else's life.
Kasey died within 1/4 mile from home. The impact was so intense in knocked her out of her car seat and into her 7 yr old brothers lap.

The driver was coming in the opposite direction and over corrected and "t-boned" the car on Kasey's side. *deleted the graphic details...they could not even have an open casket* She died in her brothers lap while he stared out of the window so he didn't have to see her. Mom was unconscious and Dad was out of town. The driver of the other vehicle was thrown from his van, but made a full recovery.

There was nothing the funeral home could do. They tried so hard though. They left the bottom half open so you could at least touch her little hands. She wore her princess clogs to heaven with her. They were her favorite.

She was so excited about what would have been her 4th birthday (February 29,2008) This would have been her first "real" birthday because she was a leapyear baby. She's been gone a year, but it still seems like yesterday.

The driver got 24 years. He had a rap sheet the length of my entire arm.

I hope you don't mind me posting this. I seriously hope it makes you all hug your kids a little tighter

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_e19d46fe1fcbb776571ce62a1a184cad.jpg
Views:	1065
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	163761Click image for larger version

Name:	m_699cd1f62a1a137837e4cd6ef41fd677.jpg
Views:	1086
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	163765Click image for larger version

Name:	m_8638de93b005f4668558c4846e6a0d54.jpg
Views:	967
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	163767Click image for larger version

Name:	l_73268feb6f0ce43f21f9f0c529888092.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	163769
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by 4BusyBees January 7, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Joined Oct 2004
> bubble2 206 Posts
25 Reputation
chris-miranda
12-02-2008 at 10:09 AM.
12-02-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Quote from 4BusyBees :

*Warning* Graphic*

I got a message from someone that my siggy was tacky. (I don't care) I really hope it saves someone else's life.
Kasey died within 1/4 mile from home. The impact was so intense in knocked her out of her car seat and into her 7 yr old brothers lap.

The driver was coming in the opposite direction and over corrected and "t-boned" the car on Kasey's side. It peeled back her scalp from her left side exposing her brain. It also completely dissolved her left eye. She died in her brothers lap while he stared out of the window so he didn't have to see her. Mom was unconscious and Dad was out of town. The driver of the other vehicle was thrown from his van, but made a full recovery.

There was nothing the funeral home could do. They tried so hard though. They left the bottom half open so you could at least touch her little hands. She wore her princess clogs to heaven with her. They were her favorite.

She was so excited about what would have been her 4th birthday (February 29,2008) This would have been her first "real" birthday because she was a leapyear baby. She's been gone a year, but it still seems like yesterday.

I hope you don't mind me posting this. I seriously hope it makes you all hug your kids a little tighter
that is a very sad story
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Apr 2008
Taking it all in...
> bubble2 1,285 Posts
3,527 Reputation
bblueskye
12-02-2008 at 10:22 AM.
12-02-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Quote from 4BusyBees :

*snip*

I can't believe someone would tell you that your siggy was tacky... some people just have no heart

(As I said to you already, but for everyone else) I think it is a great reminder to us all to be safe and to hug, love, and cherish our little ones and our loved ones!
hug
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by bblueskye December 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM.
Joined Jul 2008
> bubble2 1,333 Posts
3,026 Reputation
4BusyBees
12-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
12-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Quote from .Ally. :
Quote from laTeri :
I was in there today, and the cashier was looking at the exp dates real close. she was examining all the q's. I don't like your K Nono

First off...WOW! A $550 order down to pennies EEK! Wasn't me. I do good to bring a $100.00 order down to $10.00 or so

Yep, I posted a little while back that it took me 45 minutes to check out because the cashier had to circle and initial every expiration date. I saw a lady with a tote...like a plastic tote you put storage in...and it was FULL of inserts. OMG!

I've had several crazy couponers ask me where I find my deals online. I got a sudden case of amnesia Confused Dont want them ruining things for myself or my fellow Sders who took me under their wing.

There are savages out there, but I dont think they are SDers. One lady spouted out several sites she uses. Moneysavingmom was her favorite and she plays the coupon game.

They were all bragging loudly to each other.

If you know your slick, why do you have to brag? I just let those swines woller in their own swagger...while I took the slickness to the checkout lane Cool

ETA~ I thought of sky's avatar today. DH sent me a funny animated text of a berg that was shooting snowballs LMAO
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Last edited by 4BusyBees December 2, 2008 at 12:35 PM.
Joined Jul 2008
> bubble2 136 Posts
268 Reputation
euuser401743
12-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.
12-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.
hug I love your avi! And if it reminds one person to use a designated driver this holiday season...then it is worth putting up the avi. Negative comments may sting a bit but a life can't be replaced. Unfortunately your lil angel cannot be returned to you but it may save others the heartache of having it happen in their own family. hug hug
Quote from 4BusyBees :

*Warning* Graphic*

The driver was coming in the opposite direction and over corrected and "t-boned" the car on Kasey's side. It peeled back her scalp from her left side exposing her brain. It also completely dissolved her left eye. She died in her brothers lap while he stared out of the window so he didn't have to see her. Mom was unconscious and Dad was out of town. The driver of the other vehicle was thrown from his van, but made a full recovery.

Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jun 2008
L5: Journeyman
> bubble2 763 Posts
837 Reputation
SoCalGal2008
12-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.
12-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.
I noticed the Oral B electric toothbrushes were in the same family as Norelco electric razors. Is there anybody else in this family that I don't know about?
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jan 2006
> bubble2 1,431 Posts
756 Reputation
merrigal
12-05-2008 at 05:41 AM.
12-05-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Quote from 4BusyBees :

*Warning* Graphic*

That is terrible and senseless! So sorry your friend's family had to go through this. I felt like crying when I read this. I think that was really sweet that they put her in her princess clogs.
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Joined Jul 2008
> bubble2 136 Posts
268 Reputation
euuser401743
12-05-2008 at 01:45 PM.
12-05-2008 at 01:45 PM.
To BKleenex

You are the best shopping buddy in the world!! Thanks so much for coming today!hug hug hug worship

I had a great time today!
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful

Joined Jan 2006
Sniffin' for deals...
> bubble2 3,976 Posts
2,931 Reputation
lolu13
12-07-2008 at 12:04 PM.
12-07-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Quote from .Ally. :
Quote from laTeri :
Quote from 4BusyBees :
First off...WOW! A $550 order down to pennies EEK! Wasn't me. I do good to bring a $100.00 order down to $10.00 or so

Yep, I posted a little while back that it took me 45 minutes to check out because the cashier had to circle and initial every expiration date. I saw a lady with a tote...like a plastic tote you put storage in...and it was FULL of inserts. OMG!

I've had several crazy couponers ask me where I find my deals online. I got a sudden case of amnesia Confused Dont want them ruining things for myself or my fellow Sders who took me under their wing.

There are savages out there, but I dont think they are SDers. One lady spouted out several sites she uses. Moneysavingmom was her favorite and she plays the coupon game.

They were all bragging loudly to each other.

If you know your slick, why do you have to brag? I just let those swines woller in their own swagger...while I took the slickness to the checkout lane Cool

OMG $550 to pennies. Holy cow. Don't even think for a minute it was me. I have not had the pleasure of getting organized for KM in a longgggggg time. Is this the Super Kmart you are talking about? In N Chuck?

Why oh why would someone make such a huge run? Talk about throwing up the red flag....day-ummmmmmmmm

At some point I do want to get to KM, but now I realize it will be a harder trip. I will have to have my ducks in a row, huh? Is the Mt P KM as bad? DO you guys know? (hell, they dont have much there anyways...)
Funny
>
Helpful
Not helpful
Page 32 of 90
Sorry, this thread is closed.

Link Copied

The link has been copied to the clipboard.