Sorry for the double post. Apparently, the last link (direct from my email from Rad Power) flagged as a referral code. I've found the most direct link I can find. I was also able to use a promo code to bring mine down to $949, but I don't think I'm allowed to post that in case it's also a referral.
RadCity Step-thru in black closeout (down from $1500) - Move fast as there are very limited quantities and lowest price ever. If you're in the market, this is the best deal I've ever seen on a new Rad Power bike.
So, am I missing out by not spending another $500+ for the new model?
The only difference between this and the new model are:
Mounts on frame for wheel lock
- Can still use any traditional bike lock, and wheel locks are very low security as bike can still be rolled/carried away.
- Personal preference. New model seems SLIGHTLY more swept back, but a local bike shop can switch your handlebars for much less than $500 is that's what you want.
New halo headlight for optimal side visibility
- Stock headlight is fine, and rechargeable add-ons are more visible and cheap. If you must have a Halo, rumor is they will be an easy retrofit and much less than $500.
Streamlined throttle design
- Unconfirmed, but this is probably just the removal of the defeat switch as on the RadRunner. More to save Rad Power costs than a benefit to the rider as it's actually removing a feature.
New finish and decals
- Zero Benefit, and actually makes the bike slightly less visible.
Rack Redesign (Not listed by Manufacturer)
- The supports on the rear rack are slightly different. So slight, the manufacturer didn't even mention them in the "What's New" rundown.